Spirit in December

katyjeka

Was hoping someone could answer a couple questions about the December cruise on Spirit.(Barcelona) I was hoping to hear from someone who has been on the cruise the last couple years. How enjoyable is it with the cool temps. and how many children were on the cruise. Thanks

We went during the first 2 weeks of Dec 2017 and it was a great trip. The temps were chilly in Barcelona but not unbearable. Long sleeves, an insulation layer, and windbreaker is what I had. I also had a light pair of gloves. It was in the 50s in the daytime and got into the high 30s at night if I remember correctly. We did a lot of walking - probably a little faster due to the cold! But it was wonderful there. If you are going to the Canaries, it gets warmer in the southern part of the trip, but not shorts weather in my opinion. We had nice weather, just not hot weather. I remember one excursion where I kept trying to find the sun patches (it was partly cloudy); I was cold in the shade. I would dress in layers, but have some warm ones. No real pool days on the ship. I don't think that they had water in them. The hot tubs were going and I saw a few groups using them. There were a few people laying out in the sun, but I didn't think it was warm enough for that.

I don't remember seeing many children on the ship. If you sail closer to Christmas, there might be more families, but I only remember seeing a few babies on our cruise.

We Sailed the Spirit out of Barcelona in early December - it was a great trip

Temperatures varied

Barcelona flipping freezing

Casablanca warm (T shirt)

Tenerife warm (T shirt)

Las Palmas hot (swimsuit and sea bathing)

Maderia nice long sleeved T Shirt

Malaga wet - full rain wear

Alicante nice long sleeved T Shirt and light jacket.

A couple of other things about 50% of the passengers spoke Spanish, French or German as their primary or only language - not a problem it just surprised me. Plus stockpile wine on sea days as it can take 4 hours from all aboard to leaving Spanish waters and the tax not being charged.