Time Zone on Grand Cayman, booking private excursion

Jessie2013

I have inquired with a company to book a private excursion on Grand Cayman. We'll be on the Disney Fantasy in March. The private excursion has two time slots open- 10:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. The Fantasy is scheduled to be there from 10:30-5:30. Is that Eastern or Central time?

Which time zone will be arriving/departing in? Thanks!

The vendor is giving me a local time, but whether or not I can go is determined by the ship's time. If we're arriving at 10:30 a.m. local time and that's when the first tour begins, I cannot go to that one as I"ll be too late. If we're departing GC at 5:30 local time and the 2.5 hour tour ends at 4:00, I can't go to that one because it will be cutting it too close to getting back to the ship.

The DCL ships typically maintain local time--that is, you change to match the time at whichever port you are visiting. The only exception I've experienced is in Europe where they didn't want us to have to change 3 nights in a row.

We did private excursions thru Captain Marvin's; no problems. They would alter their normal excursion times to meet with our ship times and they guarantee that you'll be back in time to make your last tender to the ship.

I would have no hesitation about the afternoon tour. My goal is to be back 1 hour before I need to be; in this case you tour should get you back 1 1/2 hours before you must be on board. The last tender is usually 30 minutes before "all aboard."

What I'd do is to e-mail the tour operator and ask about their policies. They do this every day and their business depends on satisfied customers. They deal with people on Disney ships at least once a week, sometimes more if both the Fantasy and Magic have GC stops. They will be able to give you accurate info and their policy regarding getting you back on time....and they might do an excursion that starts a little earlier for the Fantasy if that is indicated.