Daughter works on Fantasy

myluv7

I do know that CMs on the ship can have family visit while in port--she will need to have you cleared in advance and you will be chaperoned (typically by her) the entire time you are on board. As to documents--she will need to find out and notify you. The people I know who have been permitted to visit on board have used a passport. I don't know if other documents are acceptable, but you do need proof of citizenship and proof of identification (photo ID). Obviously she would have to be off duty during the time of your visit.

Depending on lots of factors, she may be able to get you special family fares to cruise. If she is lucky enough to be in a cabin by herself with an extra bed, many years ago it was possible to stay in a crew cabin with such a person. I don't know if that is still permitted as the situation I know about was almost 10 years ago. And it is very rare to be in a 2 person crew cabin as a solo. High level officers can have family cruise with them...but that's another story.

There is an HR officer on each ship who can help her set up the whole thing.

Edited by moki'smommy

My son is a CM on the Wonder right now. I have visited him on two separate occasions in Port Canaveral. Both times he had to put in a request at least 1 week prior and provide my passport information. The day of visit he met me at the crew check point entrance, we cleared security, they kept my passport and gave me a visitors pass, then we entered the ship by the crew entrance. He had to be with me at all times, and was only allowed to show be guest areas, no backstage areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My son is a CM on the Wonder right now. I have visited him on two separate occasions in Port Canaveral. Both times he had to put in a request at least 1 week prior and provide my passport information. The day of visit he met me at the crew check point entrance, we cleared security, they kept my passport and gave me a visitors pass, then we entered the ship by the crew entrance. He had to be with me at all times, and was only allowed to show be guest areas, no backstage areas.

I was just on the Wonder. Who is your son and what division does he work in? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aren't the photographers actually Shutters employees? Not Disney CMs.

Yes, he is actually employed by a company called Image Group. They employ the photographers on Disney, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara.

But, while on Disney, he is considered and called a CM.

He follows Disney rules, and receives Disney perks the same as the other CM.