Review of Mediterranean Cruise - 14 Days on NCL Spirit May 4-18, 2017 (with photos)

Thank you for writing the review and posting the last very photos.

I was lucky to sail on the Spirit in April. Their one and only Israel cruise, the ports were amazing and hopefully one day they will sail that itinerary again.

I too was surprised by the ships apparent effort being an older lady. Normally I choose the big new shiny large ships to cruise on theses days. But the smaller ships can squeeze into those smaller ports that are more off the beaten track.

• 2 months later...
Thank you search a fantastic, positive and informative review

We were on Spirit 28th May this year, a great ship and cruise experience

John

Thank you, John. Glad you enjoyed the review. And I'm glad to see another Spirit fan! For the most part, I thought the ship was in really good shape considering her age.

Thank you for such an interesting review.. You have a talent for words and photography. Safe travels... We go to Barcelona in May 2018 and just beginning the research process. Thank you again.

Thank you for the kind words. Enjoy your time in Barcelona. We really enjoyed that city. I hope you get the opportunity to see Sagrada Familia. A truly amazing place.

Thank you for writing the review and posting the last very photos.

I was lucky to sail on the Spirit in April. Their one and only Israel cruise, the ports were amazing and hopefully one day they will sail that itinerary again.

I too was surprised by the ships apparent effort being an older lady. Normally I choose the big new shiny large ships to cruise on theses days. But the smaller ships can squeeze into those smaller ports that are more off the beaten track.

Glad you enjoyed the review! This cruise was actually a replacement cruise for a previously cancelled itinerary. And Israel was one of the places we were supposed to originally stop at. Montenegro was another we missed out on that I really wanted to see. Someday I will get to those places.

Our itinerary was amazing too and was not a mainstream one. I am thankful I got experience so many incredible things all in one trip. And the Spirit was the perfect size ship for the ports, especially the off the beaten track ones. So many great memories from this trip.

where is the bus located? is it easy to find? contemplating bus or taxi to Acropolis

The bus and ticket booth are located right near the exit of the cruise terminal building. It is very easy to find. I don't know what time your ship is docking but if you are arriving early (like 7:00 a.m.) I highly suggest you to be one of the first people off the ship. We docked at 7:00 and made the 7:30 bus just in time. The bus ride was about 30 minutes and cost 4.50 Euros per person. It was very nice being at the Acropolis right when it opened at 8:00 as there were not many people there at that time. By the time we left around 11:00 there were thousands of people.

Also, this X80 bus route does not run year around. The time frame seems to vary a little, starting in April/May and goes to September/October. Here is a thread from the Greece Ports board about this bus route with more information. Enjoy your cruise!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2447529

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for such a wonderful review! While we only have two ports in common for my next cruise, I went on another European cruise last year and got to relive some of the ports through your photos! I am going on the Spirit in May 2018 our of Rome and cannot wait to see all of the amazing sights (and yes, never again will I get a massage on a ship! Save that for at home where you can get a better massage for half the price!)

• 3 months later...