Corridors on Riviera

smalltowner

Due to worsening arthritis and an upcoming hip replacement, my husband will be using a cane on our March 28 ocean crossing cruise on Riviera. We've been on the ship before, but can't remember if there were railings in the corridors. My husband is thinking about his stability if the ship is "rocking and rolling". Can anyone tell me if there are railings or not?

We haven't been on Riviera yet but all the other ships have railings. I use them a lot, especially in rocky weather! Since Marina and Riviera are basically the same, I'm sure your husband will be fine.

Mura

Thanks for the responses. He'll be happy to hear it. It's funny that we didn't remember that. Here's another question. Is there a microwave oven for passenger use anywhere? DH finds heat really helps his aches and pains, but I think a heating pad is not allowed. The other option would be something to heat in a microwave, if there was one available. We will be taking a few boxes of the stick-on heat pads, but it'll be expensive to have that as the only way to do it.

Have ever used a hot water bottle? You can order boiling water from Room Service. Just be careful filling hot water bottle.

+1 We regularly traveled with an Aunt who never left home without one. She actually knitted cozies for them which matched her nightgowns.

crochet_hot_water_bottle_cozy_african_flower_hot_water_bottle_cover_a9653367.jpg

FYI her butler delivered her bottle , well filled and piping hot every evening just as she retired.

Aunt Joan would page him, while she was settling up for the night at Martini's.

Actually that idea just popped into my head this morning. I even found a water bottle stuffed under the bathroom sink. No cozy though, and no butler. Probably I can get water hot enough to last 30 minutes by running hot water for a bit in the bathroom. Old school method to the rescue!

Yes, railings all the way from one end to the other; only gaps are doorways. I'm a "one hand for oneself and one hand for the ship" sort of sailor and tend to use them a constant touch point (and then out comes the Purell :)

Thanks for the important Purell reminder.