Booze

dh999

Wow! Flat price for any sort? I'd go for the Napoleon Brandy rather than the Four Roses, if that's the deal.

No, that's almost the least expensive bottle (and as I recall that's for Bacardi and Absolut among others). If you buy a more expensive brand then it's priced accordingly (and their selection isn't that large to begin with). Carnival also charges a 15% delivery fee on most orders through the Fun Shops so the $85 quickly turns into almost $98 (plus sales tax if you have it delivered to your cabin before sail away). The most costly bottle is Grey Goose VX for $210.

Order two 'Rum Runners" from Amazon for under $15. I use it to supplement the weak drinks served on board. I drink a lot of their offerings but I like a stronger drink even in the Diamond lounge where our drinks are free..

OK you do realize that the cruise lines - who deal with thousands of individuals like you - pretty much have all of the ways to bring alcohol on board pretty much figured out. Not many ideas are too original or new to them - including yours. Here's a hint, however - unless you have a way to reseal the bottle with it's original closure so that it has no evidence of being tampered with, you will be out of luck.

But what the heck, no reason to play by the rules, right?

I take the two allowed bottles of wine when we cruise. and we cruise a LOT. They look and make sure my wine bottles have completely sealed tops. Lately I think they can see this with the x-ray. But, there have been times I've ha d to open my carry on and show them the tops of the bottles. It is probably easy to see if the cork has been removed and put back. Screw tops are also sealed . An x ray can probably see is a bottle has been resealed.

The cruise lines are aware of this method and do look for it. If it becomes too prevalent then cruise lines will prohibit wine from being brought onboard, the same way that many no longer allow bottles of water and soda.

Since bottled water isn't allowed, I wonder if anyone's tried to smuggle water on board in a wine bottle? :D

How do you pack them?:cool:

Make sure you poke a hole or two in the containers for ventilation.

And if they catch you you won't get your contraband back - and what will THAT do to the economics when you lose your cost of your 2 bottles and then end up paying ship's prices anyway? So outside of being wrong and low class to start with, it is foolish, besides.

Order two 'Rum Runners" from Amazon for under $15. I use it to supplement the weak drinks served on board. I drink a lot of their offerings but I like a stronger drink even in the Diamond lounge where our drinks are free..

This one is almost as good as the "I'm not cheap - it's just that I can only drink Old XXX, which cruise ships don't carry" BS.

Thank you for confirming that it's not just Carnival cruisers who do this.:)

Since bottled water isn't allowed, I wonder if anyone's tried to smuggle water on board in a wine bottle? :D

Only on NCL, the cost of their water is exorbitant and it's cheaper to smuggle water on in wine bottles even with paying a $15 corkage fee.:')

Act like an adult and pay the ship's prices. You knew the requirements before you booked. It's worth the little extra to not be reduced to smuggling alcohol like some teeny bopper attempting to sneak a flask of lemon gin into a high-school dance.