horizon / Vista Aft Wrap Vs Havanna Cabana

FWIW, we have an aft wrap deck 8 booked on Horizon - it's a Havana cabin. We love aft wraps and booked this one because it's a wrap - Havana had nothing to do with our booking it, and I don't think it was a Havana at first. Based on the 360 view, there's no sofa. Havana's a plus, although I do wonder whether the additional cabins in Havana will make it more crowded than the Havana area on Vista.

• 4 months later...
We have a Havana Aft Wrap on the 6th deck of the Vista. The cabin is triangular pie shaped. It DOES have a sofa. Plus 2 large picture windows and a HUGE balcony.

I believe the ones on 6 are the only ones that have sofas because they are laid out different and I think slightly bigger. We were looking at those when we had our Havana Extended Aft Balcony reserved on 7 and the corner on 7 opened up. I told my friend about that one and they grabbed it. We wanted a sofa so that’s why we passed.

We discussed switching to an aft wrap on 6 if one ever became available because it had a sofa, but I wasn’t too sure because of the noise. It never did open up so we stayed put. I was glad because I could hear the music from the outside in my cabin with the balcony door shut on 7. I would not have been happy on 6. But I am a really light sleeper and like to go to bed early so it would have affected me. I’m sure others have fared just fine.

I'm going to buck the trend here... Havana balcony cabin all the way!! So much more convenient to the Havana area which we spent alot of time at...To be honest we rarely used our balcony/porch as we like the Havana pool area so much and interacting with our bar steward and some other passengers. It was also a great short cut to your room since we had balcony door cards allowing us to get in our cabin from the balcony/porch area. As we had the last balcony cabin closest to the pool/bar area...it was very convenient!!

I believe the ones on 6 are the only ones that have sofas because they are laid out different and I think slightly bigger. We were looking at those when we had our Havana Extended Aft Balcony reserved on 7 and the corner on 7 opened up. I told my friend about that one and they grabbed it. We wanted a sofa so that’s why we passed.

We discussed switching to an aft wrap on 6 if one ever became available because it had a sofa, but I wasn’t too sure because of the noise. It never did open up so we stayed put. I was glad because I could hear the music from the outside in my cabin with the balcony door shut on 7. I would not have been happy on 6. But I am a really light sleeper and like to go to bed early so it would have affected me. I’m sure others have fared just fine.

Oh I am glad to read this. We booked 7 also not knowing the ones on 6 were slightly bigger. We were just trying to get away from the noise but lately, I have been rethinking it. We will stay put, a couch is NBD to us (although it is nice to have), but I am more worried about noise.

Oh I am glad to read this. We booked 7 also not knowing the ones on 6 were slightly bigger. We were just trying to get away from the noise but lately, I have been rethinking it. We will stay put, a couch is NBD to us (although it is nice to have), but I am more worried about noise.

Noise from where?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the Havana bar. We figured being on Deck 7 would mean less noise than Deck 6. We are in a Havana wraparound balcony (think it's called Vista Premium Balcony).

We had a Havana Cabana on deck 5 (most aft cabin on port side) and heard zero noise from the Bar area during the nightly entertainment. We were pleasantly surprised.

We had a Havana Cabana on deck 5 (most aft cabin on port side) and heard zero noise from the Bar area during the nightly entertainment. We were pleasantly surprised.

Ditto....We had last aft cabin on starboard side...Very quite. Wife is very light sleeper and never complained once about any noise

I definitely heard it coming from outside. Maybe being on the sides the music doesn’t travel that way, but I can assure you it travels up. I could hear it in my cabin until about midnight. It wasn’t loud, but enough to be annoying and keep me from sleeping. I even mentioned it in my live Vista review.

I was on deck 7 and I would imagine 6 would probably be enough to super annoy me. Actually I have read people complain about the music on 6 and if I remember right, at least one was in the aft wrap.

I definitely heard it coming from outside. Maybe being on the sides the music doesn’t travel that way, but I can assure you it travels up. I could hear it in my cabin until about midnight. It wasn’t loud, but enough to be annoying and keep me from sleeping. I even mentioned it in my live Vista review.

I was on deck 7 and I would imagine 6 would probably be enough to super annoy me. Actually I have read people complain about the music on 6 and if I remember right, at least one was in the aft wrap.

Interesting, I would have thought the aft wraps were out way to far from the noise area... I could understand the aft cabins on 6 getting some noise.

That is strange... I stayed in the Vista balcony cabins on Deck 5.... Never heard anything...even when were sitting out on our balcony late evening??? Also. the doors from the Havana pool area are always closed and are motion sensor to go into the lounge where the music plays. and Jimbo is right that the wraps extend out and are over the Havana cabins...not the lounge. The aft balcony cabins would be over the backend of the lounge

That is strange... I stayed in the Vista balcony cabins on Deck 5.... Never heard anything...even when were sitting out on our balcony late evening??? Also. the doors from the Havana pool area are always closed and are motion sensor to go into the lounge where the music plays. and Jimbo is right that the wraps extend out and are over the Havana cabins...not the lounge. The aft balcony cabins would be over the backend of the lounge

You can see the aft wrap on 6 has a large portion of it over the aft area in which the music comes from. I took this from the Havana area looking up. The round loungers are under that overhang.

88abb82c0eae3c78d354702e4236c3c8.jpg

You can see the aft wrap on 6 has a large portion of it over the aft area in which the music comes from. I took this from the Havana area looking up. The round loungers are under that overhang.

88abb82c0eae3c78d354702e4236c3c8.jpg

Know that area very well...lol Our cabin was about 50' to the right just after the last orange/red lounger. The Acoustics must really be strange... The Band area is atleast 100' ft from there inside in the middle of the Vista lounge. and like I said earlier...the wrap cabins are over the Havana deck 5 cabins...not the lounge

Know that area very well...lol Our cabin was about 50' to the right just after the last orange/red lounger Acoustics must really be strange... The Band area is atleast 100' ft from there inside in the middle of the Vista lounge

All I know is I could hear it laying in bed in cabin 7456 and can imagine deck 6 would be worse one floor closer.

• 2 months later...
trying to decide what to do---Havana extended balcony deck 7--or wrap around on 6 on Horizon. how is motion movement in these cabins? I am used to be midship--but really want to be in Havana area.

I have to admit, that is a perplexing decision, love both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

trying to decide what to do---Havana extended balcony deck 7--or wrap around on 6 on Horizon. how is motion movement in these cabins? I am used to be midship--but really want to be in Havana area.

I'd be more than happy to update you on this after our cruise on Horizon on 4/15, we are in 9464, one of the 2 largest wraparounds on the ship

Rob and Jennifer

We had an aft wrap on deck 8 on the Vista and it was by far the smallest cabin we have ever had. When you entered the cabin, there was a 2 door closet on the left. One side was for hanging and the other was 3 drawers and 3 shelves. So you lose 1 closet that is in all the other balcony cabins. The bathroom door was at the balcony door and the bed was under a window less than 3 feet away. The far bottom corner on the bed was 6” from the wall. There was 1 chair and a table and a half vanity with only 1 small drawer and no shelves. The balcony was wonderful but I cried when I saw the cabin. This was our 15th wrap, so I had plenty to compare it to.

We had an aft wrap on deck 8 on the Vista and it was by far the smallest cabin we have ever had. When you entered the cabin, there was a 2 door closet on the left. One side was for hanging and the other was 3 drawers and 3 shelves. So you lose 1 closet that is in all the other balcony cabins. The bathroom door was at the balcony door and the bed was under a window less than 3 feet away. The far bottom corner on the bed was 6” from the wall. There was 1 chair and a table and a half vanity with only 1 small drawer and no shelves. The balcony was wonderful but I cried when I saw the cabin. This was our 15th wrap, so I had plenty to compare it to.

I have not been in the aft wraps on the Vista but as you are aware, as the floors get higher the rooms tend to to get smaller with the slant of the ship. Did you did it more so on the Vista?