Horizon

Schoifmom

Is anyone as anxious as I am for the itineraries to be posted for the Horizon? :D

Yes, but not for the reasons you might think. The Horizon's first few months are likely to be spent cruising around Europe, followed by a transatlantic to New York, followed by a repositioning to its new home port (I'm betting on Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Galveston, or Port Canaveral, but they could surprise me).

More interesting is that when a new home port is chosen for the Horizon, that will probably mean that one or more ships will move to a different port, and that will probably mean some nice, interesting, one-way trips. Those are the ones that interest me the most.

Yes, but not for the reasons you might think. The Horizon's first few months are likely to be spent cruising around Europe, followed by a transatlantic to New York, followed by a repositioning to its new home port (I'm betting on Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Galveston, or Port Canaveral, but they could surprise me).

More interesting is that when a new home port is chosen for the Horizon, that will probably mean that one or more ships will move to a different port, and that will probably mean some nice, interesting, one-way trips. Those are the ones that interest me the most.

They do me too, did the Liberty Repo cruise from Puerto Rico to Galveston, 12 days, got to be on the normal islands, but also got to see Tobago and Grenada, I fell in love with Grenada instantly

We sailed the Magic from Barcelona directly to Galveston.

Someone please post here when reservations open. Can't wait!

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Forums mobile app

Congrats on completing the FLEET!!!! How awesome is that?:D:D:D

We did the Sensation back in 1996, but today, I cannot see myself booking a Fantasy class of ship.

We love the Dream class......

Now, if we could just do MORE of them........:rolleyes:

A few questions for you experts:

1. When do you think the first voyage will be?

2. How long after that will the ship head to the US?

I know this info is not available but I'm sure some of the experts on here have an idea!

Thanks!!

Our PVP says she doesn't expect bookings to open before early spring. I hope she's wrong.

I believe they keep it in the vicinity of where it's built for 6 months before it heads to the US. Just in case there is an issue, and to complete any finishing touches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this info is not available but I'm sure some of the experts on here have an idea!

Thanks!!

It was stated a while back that the first sailing will be March/2018. Whether that is true won't be known for sure until itineraries come out.

I would imagine the ship will head to the US in the fall of 2018, but that's just a guess also.

Thanks!!

We booked the Vista the first day the bookings opened up and that was January 22nd.

Her first sailing was May 1st and the TA was in October.

Given that timeline, It may be possible to see Horizon open for booking on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

I would expect March and April to be in the Mediterranean, then May to September/early October in the Baltic followed by a TA to New York, then a repo to Florida. But I guess we'll see before too long.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note7 using Tapatalk. Hey, do you smell anything burning?

Our PVP says she doesn't expect bookings to open before early spring. I hope she's wrong.

I believe they keep it in the vicinity of where it's built for 6 months before it heads to the US. Just in case there is an issue, and to complete any finishing touches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a contest related to booking in December of this year. Unless something has changed, I would expect to see open bookings in the ned two weeks.

If Vista opened in late January for May cruise...then late November for the Horizon in March seems plausible.

Either way, I can't wait to see her itinerary....I have a March 2018 booking on another cruise...but I could cancel if the price is right and itinerary is interesting enough. Otherwise, will wait till she is stateside.....either way, I'm sailing her!:D

If Vista opened in late January for May cruise...then late November for the Horizon in March seems plausible.

Either way, I can't wait to see her itinerary....I have a March 2018 booking on another cruise...but I could cancel if the price is right and itinerary is interesting enough. Otherwise, will wait till she is stateside.....either way, I'm sailing her!:D

Vista bookings opened January 2015 and the inaugural sailing was May 1st 2016.

The Horizon is coming out spring of 2018. Hoping we can book her soon but not really holding my breath for a December release. Seems like we are always kept in suspense for a while. :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Some speculation for everyone. Horizon is still not showing up on any of the usual port schedules that have been released which is very odd. There are 3 listings for Gibraltar in May 2018 for a ship called Vista Class (yes I know those belong to other Carnival Corp lines) BUT the gross tons match what has been released for Horizon and is much larger than any of the actual Vista Class ships sailing. Also, the booking agency is the same one that did the Vista sailings. They could all be place holders until the TA is ironed out if they are going to sail her to the US for the summer season :mad: That would make a very short Med season for sure.

http://www.gibraltarport.com/schedules

There are rumblings from people who have sailed with JH recently that he has hemmed and hawed about a Europe season (or a full season).

Ok, have fun!