Carnival Horizon Roll Calls

rocking-m-cruiser

Hey Casey see that you beat Kevin Mac to be the first to get the roll call started. LOL Tom and I are still trying to decide if we are going to do the trans Atlantic, because the ports look so good. We are booked on the Vista for a B2B in December and would have to change that. Will miss not being in Europe with you and Chris.

Booked the 13 day Maiden Voyage. New to Carnival but experienced Princess cruiser. The itinerary was the draw for me as Princess doesn't have anything similar and the price was right for an inside cabin for a port intensive cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to ask you seasoned Mediterranean cruisers about the flight. I can do short flights 1 1/2 hrs but the 15/16 hours how do you pass the time can you sleep well on the flight? I really would like to do one but the thought of the flight is :eek:

A 15 to 16 hour flight? Yikes! Where are you flying in from?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A 15 to 16 hour flight? Yikes! Where are you flying in from?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I live in NC and when I look up flights it's taking 15/16 hours with stops. Is there some other ways I should be searching? How long does it take you?

My wife and I will be on the Maiden Voyage in April celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary. (its actually this August, but I promised her a trip to Europe for our 30th and Horizon is not ready till April 2018) This is our first time on a Mediterranean Cruise. We are looking forward to seeing Carnival newest ship. Happy Cruising!:rolleyes:

Mark Hess

Carnival Horizon – April 2, 2018

Carnival Sunshine – December 26, 2016

Carnival Liberty – February 28, 2016

Carnival Splendor - March 15, 2015

Carnival Mardi Gras – July 3, 1991

I live in NC and when I look up flights it's taking 15/16 hours with stops. Is there some other ways I should be searching? How long does it take you?

Oh, I was thinking you meant 15-16 hours in the air! Didn't realize you meant total travel time. I've been checking out flights for the same time this year (since 2018 flights are not out yet). We are flying from Boston and looking at 10-15 hours total travel time. It's the 4-6 hour layovers that are a killer.

• 2 weeks later...
I wasn't able to find any roll calls for the Carnival Horizon. We are on the April 29th sailing and would like to join this if a roll call has opened. Please advise. Thanks.[/quote

Here it is....the OP didn't put the date in the Title

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2448614

You might want to ask Mods to add date

I would like to ask you seasoned Mediterranean cruisers about the flight. I can do short flights 1 1/2 hrs but the 15/16 hours how do you pass the time can you sleep well on the flight? I really would like to do one but the thought of the flight is :eek:
I don't like flying at all. However, I've just learned to "grin and bear it" if I want to see the world. Last year for our Vista cruise we had a 1 1/2-hour flight from Newark to Montreal, several hours layover, then a 9-hour flight Montreal to Athens. The flight wasn't awful, and the Med cruise more than made up for the flights. It's really a great experience.:cool:

Two weeks ago our Navy son came home on leave from Bahrain. 30 hours traveling - Bahrain-Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia-Frankfurt, Frankfurt-Newark, Newark-Albany. Once home, he never even made it upstairs - he sacked out on the living room sofa.:p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
our

If your local airport does have direct flights, then I would recommend driving further to an airport that does (maybe Charlotte isn't terribly far from you?) I actually love to fly but I travel as the only adult with 2 young children so I get direct flights as often as possible, even if it means driving to a further departure airport. Thankfully, my kids love flying too and we eat, sleep (but if need to lay in a bed to sleep then you are out of luck), watch several movies, play games, etc. Trips across the Atlantic go by fairly quick for us as long as we don't have to deal with layovers.

The direct overnight from Charlotte. flight runs about 8.5 hours.

We just recently booked on the 9/22/2018 sailing. I too was looking for the Roll Call to no avail. CC doesn't even list the Horizon on the list of Carnival ships; however, it makes perfect sense. The ship is still in the yard, so why list it.

I wasn't able to find any roll calls for the Carnival Horizon. We are on the April 29th sailing and would like to join this if a roll call has opened. Please advise. Thanks.[/quote

Here it is....the OP didn't put the date in the Title

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2448614

You might want to ask Mods to add date

You can add the date as a post

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just recently booked on the 9/22/2018 sailing. I too was looking for the Roll Call to no avail. CC doesn't even list the Horizon on the list of Carnival ships; however, it makes perfect sense. The ship is still in the yard, so why list it.

Ummmmm I just went there and saw them, even have one started for our July 3rd cruise....

Sent from my iPad using Forums