How *private* are the suite balconies on the spirit?

We have the opportunity to upgrade to a suite from a balcony on our upcoming trip. One of the things I like about the balcony rooms is the private balcony, but it looks like - at least on the aft suites that people could potentially look down into your balcony, but I can't tell so I thought I would check here. The suite reviews don't seem to mention it. I want to be able to lay out on my balcony and not have to be modest :cool:. Can anyone confirm how private the forward and aft suites are?

Also how bad is the ship movement? I had booked us a mid ship balcony so we wouldn't feel too much movement because I was worried about getting seasick but I would love a suite. Only aft and forward are available to bid on.

Familiar with Cruisedeckplans (dot) com ?

Go to the site and mosey (micey) around - find the NCL ship "Spirit".

You don't have to be a member to view the general photos of the ship.

The NCL Spirit page look in the upper left for Ship Photos and check that.

Browse the photos and you will see no problems with aft suites.

The only comment is check out how far out on the balcony you can go

before seeing the deck above. That will give the area of limitations.

Also note the partitions left or right of the neighboring suites - can

someone peer around or over the partition ?

Factor in cameras on selfie sticks

As noted while at sea should be a total non-issue while in port beware

of adjacent ships or tall buildings having a view of your quarters.

Remember the SPF sun factor and you should be good to go !

Ah the suite life !

We stayed in an aft suite on the Spirit Dec. 2015. They are very private and quiet in the area back there. Easy access to the aft tiered seating area.

Only downside, when sailing above 20 knots we had quite a bit of vibration where things rattled quite a bit.

• 1 month later...

Can recommend the forward suites, 10000 being our favourite although 10002 and 10052 have two balconies one forward and one at the side. these suites are large and the view when entering and leaving the ports are great.

downside the forward balconies are long and not very wide and at night there is a blackout as the bridge is above you.

plenty of extras having a suite on this ship

Hope it helps

j

• 6 months later...

Can't speak for the Spirit specifically, however aft balconies can be partially exposed to the decks above, but not all decks.

Movement of the ship is more pronounced in the forward and aft sections, but unless you are going through a major storm very little motion is felt. Docking is more likely to be an issue due to the thrusters used for docking.

Feel free to take your clothes off on an aft deck, there is more than enough coverage of the deck even in the most exposed, longer, decks. If people don't like it, they should stop being nosy and looking into your deck and just mind their own business.

Can't speak for the Spirit specifically, however aft balconies can be partially exposed to the decks above, but not all decks.

Movement of the ship is more pronounced in the forward and aft sections, but unless you are going through a major storm very little motion is felt. Docking is more likely to be an issue due to the thrusters used for docking.

Feel free to take your clothes off on an aft deck, there is more than enough coverage of the deck even in the most exposed, longer, decks. If people don't like it, they should stop being nosy and looking into your deck and just mind their own business.

The back of the Spirit is pretty flat so very little views from above. They also are not very deep though either.

• 4 weeks later...

I am sitting right now on the Spirit in Malaga, Spain, suite 10508, with my balcony doors open enjoying the breeze. Concerning privacy...when I stand on my balcony and crane my head, I can see up in the bridge. My daughter is in 10512 and can see up in the bridge and the corner of Galaxy of the Stars. I assume since we can see them...they could see us.

I am sitting right now on the Spirit in Malaga, Spain, suite 10508, with my balcony doors open enjoying the breeze. Concerning privacy...when I stand on my balcony and crane my head, I can see up in the bridge. My daughter is in 10512 and can see up in the bridge and the corner of Galaxy of the Stars. I assume since we can see them...they could see us.

Have a great trip. Love the Spirit.