Tell me about the Freedom

KatieCharlotte

I would love info on the Freedom, including tips and secrets. We love secret decks and quiet places to read.

Also, can anyone tell me more about: (1) The set-up of the two-story buffet area -- the BBQ is on the second floor, right? Is anything else up there other than tables? Drinks? (2) I'm confused where the water slide and small pool are. Are there extra hot tubs in that area, or any other family-friendly hot tubs away from the main Lido pool? (3) Can anyone describe where the ping pong, giant chess, and foosball table are? I'd like to know how much running from one deck/side of the ship to the other I'll be doing while hanging out with my kids. :D (4) Hours and rules for the Seuss library? (5) What free activities are in the Red Frog Pub? Darts? (6) If the aft pool is back to adults only, we can still use the loungers, right? Especially if the weather is bad and they close the roof?

• 4 months later...
I would love info on the Freedom, including tips and secrets. We love secret decks and quiet places to read.

I will try to answer all the questions and if you check out my two reviews in my signature line you will see plenty of pics of the Freedom we went twice last year and loved it.

(1) The set-up of the two-story buffet area -- the BBQ is on the second floor, right? Is anything else up there other than tables? Drinks?

The bbq is upstairs along with plenty of tables and booths along with a drink station. This is a great hidden spot not only for the bbq but also to go enjoy your food and have a quite place. The drinks being right there is a plus as well.

(2) I'm confused where the water slide and small pool are. Are there extra hot tubs in that area, or any other family-friendly hot tubs away from the main Lido pool?

The water slide comes down by another smaller pool which also has one hot tub by it. Translation if you have kids who want to do the water slide and you want to relax in hot tub or pool this is a great spot. There is also the lido pool and then there is two hot tubs next to that area.

(3) Can anyone describe where the ping pong, giant chess, and foosball table are? I'd like to know how much running from one deck/side of the ship to the other I'll be doing while hanging out with my kids. :D

Ping pong and giant chess is towards the front of the ship off top of my head I want to say the same floor as like the spa and stuff but on the outside. There is foosball in red frog pub along with shuffleboard, bean bags, darts, and many board games.

(4) Hours and rules for the Seuss library?

Umm not sure on the hours of the Seuss library I think as long as Camp Ocean is open that is open and then it might even be open other times. Seuss library has all the books and coloring activities...quite a few pics of that in my review our girls had a great time there.

(5) What free activities are in the Red Frog Pub? Darts?

They have shuffleboard, bean bags, darts, and board games. There is also competitions held in there which you can see from your fun times. Another bonus music of some sort is in there each night and kids are allowed at all hours so makes for nice fun place to relax.

(6) If the aft pool is back to adults only, we can still use the loungers, right? Especially if the weather is bad and they close the roof?

Anyone can use the loungers in the aft pool area just only 18 and above can enter the pool and the hot tubs back there.

Hope this helps some and if you think of any more questions ask