Star-Greek Islands

hlsess

I’m going in September and can’t wait. Honestly European cruises are more about the ports than the ship. With that said, I’m sure the ship will be great. I️ just got off the Sky which is older and smaller and absolutely loved it. Lots to do at night which great bands and entertainment. I️ was also on the Escape which is an incredible ship and had just as much fun on a 4 day Sky cruise. NCL is great and I am not loyal to any line. I have sailed Carnival, RCI and Princess and probably like NCL the most. Just my opinion and it probably has something to with just getting off the Sky. I’m sure you will love it. The drink package doesn’t hurt either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking to go on the June cruise. How far in advance are specialty reservations made? Been 2 years since I was on NCL. Heard this ship is old but reviews are overall decent.

We are going in June also and really excited! We have been in the Star twice and yes it’s older but we wanted the schedule so it will be great! I feel like it’s Usually 2-3 months prior before they start taking the reservations. Happy sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Star in 2015 and I thought it was in pretty good shape. Obviously a couple of years will have passed between that and when you go, but I don't think you will have any problems.

Restaurant reservations open up 90 days before sailing (or 100 days if you are in a suite).

• 1 month later...
I am going on the Star in October too. Read that there is a 3-week gap in its schedule in May so maybe she will be getting a little spruce up.

The Star is our favorite ship, we have been on it too many times to count including Panama canal twice, as it's just the right size. It was also refurbished in 2015. So ship will be in good shape.

We also did a bcb to Greek islands, Turkey and Croatia. It was an amazing trip.