Disappointing experience on the sun and dawn

garyinbako

As a platinum member, I am truly disappointed with the decline in service and guest relations with ncl. Toilets that don’t work 4 days , extreme noise from deck 12 above our mini suite on deck 11, change of ports, and lack of concern from guest services prove this is not the ncl I Love!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by garyinbako

I am platinum as well, and I have a difficult time rationalizing booking mini suites. I have done it once, but I knew the noise problem was a concern of mine. It turned out well for me, but I don't know if I would do it again unless I knew I would be in a good location. Being familiar with the ship helps big time.

I am platinum as well, and I have a difficult time rationalizing booking mini suites. I have done it once, but I knew the noise problem was a concern of mine. It turned out well for me, but I don't know if I would do it again unless I knew I would be in a good location. Being familiar with the ship helps big time.

The Sun's minis are actually quite nice and probably the best in the fleet. The Dawn's, not so much.

As a platinum level NCL cruiser, surely you should know to check what’s above your cabin when it’s below the pool deck and that ports can change for good reasons. If you complained about those things, what outcome did you expect? As for toilet issues, blame your fellow passengers whose stupid behavior causes 90% of such problems.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are Plat + and have been on most ships, and have learnt which cabin to choose and what cabins NOT to pick on each class of ships.

I look at the deck plans and then see what cabins are available in the area we want to be in.

On the Jewel class ships we will NOT pick mini-suite - we would pick a balcony cabin over mini-suite because deck 11 (where most of the min-suites are) is below the pool deck, and also we prefer shower to bathtub.

We love the mini-suites on the newer ships.

If itinerary is port intensive, we pick an oceanview.

We are two happy NCL cruisers!

One time we had a forward mini-suite on the SUN - fabulous except that one floor drain in the bathroom smelt. The cabin steward tried his best to alleviate the smell and he already contacted Housekeeping, but no avail. Then I had an idea of covering the drain (6" diameter and covered with metal plate with holes) with wet washcloth dubbed with scent, and it worked for the remainder of the cruise (it was a 12 day one).

Make lemonade out of lemons.

In the past year and one half, we have been on the Jewel and the Escape. These were my first on NCL since 1995, and DW's first on NCL period. I found the service on both to be excellent. We had a medical emergency on the Escape which caused us to miss a port, but these tings happen. I hope everything went well for the patient, and we'll see that port another time. Nothing to complain about.

As a platinum member, I am truly disappointed with the decline in service and guest relations with ncl. Toilets that don’t work 4 days , extreme noise from deck 12 above our mini suite on deck 11, change of ports, and lack of concern from guest services prove this is not the ncl I Love!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

love first time posters who decide to go negative. If you could explain what was so bad except the toilet didn't work right you might help all of us understand why you are so negative. I am one that has to question your statement when you mention 2 different ships. Are you saying both had toilets that didn't work for 4 days and both had lousy guest services? As for noise from the deck above, what could the cruise line do about that pray tell? We have cruised the Sun 4 times, have yet to have a bad experience and we are about to take our second cruise on the Dawn. We did have a very bad experience with the Spa on the Dawn, but it is, of course contracted out and our experience had little to do with the ship.

I was in an port side aft mini-suite on Dawn in August and loved it. We specifically chose rooms that were under the Los Lobos specialty restaurant, on the assumption that we wouldn't be in the room trying to sleep during their fairly limited hours. The guess paid off and all we enjoyed was extreme quiet at night!