Epic vs Star????

hlsess

i went on Epic in 2015 and now possibly going on Epic in June. It looks to be about half the size. Yay. I’m trying to remember how many specialty restaurants there are? Is it worth getting the SDP? I’ve read some can’t get reservations until very late? Are the non specialty ones decent? We will get the UBP package and either the SDP or WiFi pkg. any other big differences on Star.

If I recall correctly, Star has same specialty restaurants, though Teppenyaki only has one or two tables in it. There are several specialty (Steak house, moderno, hibachi, italian, french, seafood, maybe some I'm forgetting too). I think the upgrade is worth it for variety, though they have several ala carte restaurants as well. I have always liked the complimentary restaurants, though I think Star's food quality was slightly inferior to some of NCL's other ships'. Not that you asked, but Epic has much more in terms of entertainment, especially when it comes to water slides. That said, my kids loved the Star, though I prefer Epic.