Question on Insignia lower cabins

garycd

It may be already on the boards, but could not find it. Does anyone have a link or photos for the Insignia lower cabins (inside, oceanview, verenda)? We wanted to see what the shower and bathroom area looked like. (How small is the shower, is it a shower curtain, or glass?)

It may be already on the boards, but could not find it. Does anyone have a link or photos for the Insignia lower cabins (inside, oceanview, verenda)? We wanted to see what the shower and bathroom area looked like. (How small is the shower, is it a shower curtain, or glass?)

Regatta_Apr14_Ship_IMG_8383.jpg

This is from the Regatta, but the layout is the same.

It may not be all that clear in the photo, but the shower is very small and it has a curtain, not glass.

Also if you have long upper legs or an fairly large derriere, you may not be able to sit straight on the toilet. I have to angle myself a bit because if I try to sit straight one of my knees uncomfortably presses into the door jamb.

Also if you have long upper legs or an fairly large derriere, you may not be able to sit straight on the toilet. I have to angle myself a bit because if I try to sit straight one of my knees uncomfortably presses into the door jamb.

So true. I’m 6’4” and I have to sit on an angle. The shower is adequate, but the one in the spa is very spacious.

I would happily give up a few feet of cabin space for a bigger bathroom. Not sure why the cruise companies make the bathrooms so small.

Another question about the lowest cabins on Insignia, the 3000 series. Are there any problems with any of these. They are ocean view cabins with a porthole. I like the idea of a low mid-ship cabin just in case of ship motion in rough seas.

It may not be all that clear in the photo, but the shower is very small and it has a curtain, not glass.

A curtain??? E-E-EW!

I would happily give up a few feet of cabin space for a bigger bathroom. Not sure why the cruise companies make the bathrooms so small.

Another question about the lowest cabins on Insignia, the 3000 series. Are there any problems with any of these. They are ocean view cabins with a porthole. I like the idea of a low mid-ship cabin just in case of ship motion in rough seas.

You need to remember when these ships were built. I doubt that if the "R" ships were being built today they'd have such small showers. I guess that would mean taking a little space from the main room but I'm guessing people would be happy to make that trade-off.

We recently were in a B1 cabin after many years of being in PH cabins on the "R" ships and I was surprised that the teensy shower so longer bothered me so much.

One plus is that at least for US there was more than adequate storage space in the bathroom.

Mura

[quote name=LB_NJ;55314691

Another question about the lowest cabins on Insignia' date=' the 3000 series. Are there any problems with any of these. They are ocean view cabins with a porthole. I like the idea of a low mid-ship cabin just in case of ship motion in rough seas.[/quote]

We were on a deck three porthole cabin on our Cuban cruise. We had rough seas leaving Miami and many people on the ship were sea sick. We were fine in our cabin. It is also very quiet down there since there are just a dozen or so cabins so basically nobody ever walks by your door. However, the smaller window makes it a bit dark.

Kathleen

We were on a deck three porthole cabin on our Cuban cruise. We had rough seas leaving Miami and many people on the ship were sea sick. We were fine in our cabin. It is also very quiet down there since there are just a dozen or so cabins so basically nobody ever walks by your door. However, the smaller window makes it a bit dark.

I was one of those who was sea sick on the way to Havana! :eek:

Cabin was mid-ship but on deck 6. I laid in bed most of the day until we arrived. Then I felt better when the motion was over and I ate a green apple.

Shower is more than adequate... and the curtain is fine too more room than a glass coffin. As to seasick, it is simple physics of good ol'e Archimedes the higher you go up the more the motion. Finaly, after staying in almost all classes of cabin I am just as happy in an inside as a penthouse of R class ships. The reality on O is that once out of the cabin everyone is treated and has access to about everything... The insides are about the same size as the veranda cabins without a veranda. The smallest cabins are the C ocean view... 20 sq ft smaller..

Which to pick? Well I would rather sail longer and more frequently with a small cabin than occasionally in a larger cabin. On R class there is really not much difference except $$$$$