We'll be in Lima next week, boarding Sirena...

Marguerite-a-Ville

Are you doing Machu Picchu on your own or are you with a tour? We had a tour for 6 people and we asked our guide where we could get some wines on our last morning in Lima, and he took us to a place. I don't know how "fine" the wines were (!) but they were sufficient for us.

...and I was wondering where I could find some nice wines to take onboard.

I don't want to bring wine from home, and we will be doing a pre-cruise excursion to Machu Picchu, so a store near the port would be great.

We’ll be with you and looking for the same ... hopefully the driver can be persuaded to make a stop... there will be plenty of time after all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Margie,

If you are on an Oceania tour it may be a question of just how large the group is. If it's too large, maybe it's not possible for the driver to stop. Then again, if there's plenty of time and others want to stop as well -- it could be possible. I guess you'll have to ask the driver when you are there!

We’ll be with you and looking for the same ... hopefully the driver can be persuaded to make a stop... there will be plenty of time after all!

Great! Looking forward to meeting you! We are Mike and Margie from California, travelling with Ron and Renee from North Carolina.

I'm wondering if we might pick up the wine our first day in Lima, then have them transferred along with our bags to the ship (since we're only taking our carry-ons to Cusco).

Great! Looking forward to meeting you! We are Mike and Margie from California, travelling with Ron and Renee from North Carolina.

I'm wondering if we might pick up the wine our first day in Lima, then have them transferred along with our bags to the ship (since we're only taking our carry-ons to Cusco).

yeah... thought of that but it’s a Sunday and we arrive at 6:15am... so not sure how much luck we’re going to have either finding something at the airport duty free or later in Lima that will be open...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whatever you do, arrive at the Lima port early, especially if you are independently arriving (without Oceania’s assistance). We were on the Lima-Papeete cruise on Marina in January and took an Uber from Miraflores to the port. We were dropped off at a transfer point where we had to board a bus that took us into the port itself. it was very confusing because there was no one from Oceania there to guide us (per Lima regulations). However, once inside the port, we were able to board the ship quickly and assistance was provided for our luggage. We boarded the ship around 11 am and that was a godsend. Passengers who arrived after 12 noon, whether independently or through Oceania, had to wait in the hot sun without cover to board the ship in very long lines. Again, this all had to do with the Lima port authority and not Oceania. Still, I’d get to the port before noon if all possible. And bring five dollar bills to tip the men who help you with your luggage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums