Reserve specialty dining or shows on Horizon before boarding?

Sizzlechest

I'm a NCL cruiser that booked a cruise on the Horizon in July. NCL allows booking in advance. Will I be able to book shows and/or specialty dining through the Carnival website or is that done only on board? How far in advance can it be done?

You can reserve the Steakhouse, Chef's Table, JiJi's, Teppanyaki, and the Cucina in advance. Log into your carnival acct and under manage my cruise you'll see those links on the right side of the page.

Carnival doesn't rquire any reservations for entertainment YET.

How does a group of 10 book a reservation with each having different accounts?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I would say that all ten of you will have to agree on a specific time. Then each account holder will have to go into their "Manage My Cruise" and select the time you have decided on.

I'm not sure about all of the venues but at the Steakhouse, you don't pay until after you have eaten. If that's the case at all of the places, one person should be able to make the reservation under their name for all ten in the group.

Thank you. I can say on NCL that reservations for the popular resturaunts were STRONGLY advised. What about on Carnival? How difficult is it to get a seat at JiJi's for example?
The difference between the two lines is that Carnival does not give out specialty venue dinners as a perk like NCL does and they also do not offer packages of specialty dinners like NCL does from 3+ nights and above. Because of this fact, reservations were usually gone by the time of sailaway on embarkation day on our multiple Escape sailings.

Everything on Carnival is on a per night basis, ranging from 15.00 for Jiji's or Cucina del Capitano to 18/20/30 for Bonzai Teppanyaki and finally 35.00 for the Fahrenheit Steakhouse. Teppanyaki is limited to 16 patrons per seating at 530, 715 and 900 each evening, so only 48 people per night will be able to partake. I would make reservations for any of the nights from 3-8 since you can always cancel on board 24 hours ahead of time and I assume you want to eat in the MDR on night 2 since it's the first "cruise elegant" night.

I think one person can put in the reservation for the whole group. We have done this before.

Pat

That's how we have done it too. Just have one person make the reservation. Not sure if having linked reservations play into this. Wasn't asked. But when thinking about it, we have never booked specialty dining in advance for a group with anyone not on a linked reservation included.

I'm a NCL cruiser that booked a cruise on the Horizon in July. NCL allows booking in advance. Will I be able to book shows and/or specialty dining through the Carnival website or is that done only on board? How far in advance can it be done?

Reservation system is a joke. You can’t find available times and don’t have to make any commitments. You could book every day and cancel on board. All communications are by mail making things impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know the times of the shows in the theatre each night? And what time is dinner seating? Thanks
There are usually two shows per night and dinner can be either fixed or anytime. Fixed are usually @ 600 or 815 and anytime can be between 545 & 930. If you have late sitting dinner, then sometimes there is a 700 show or it will be after dinner @ 1030. The early sitting dinner show is usually @ 830.

We are a party of 12 sailing on the Horizon New Year's Eve cruise. Since I'm sure the Teppanyaki Grill will be popular, I've already made our reservation.
Very safe assumption since there are only two stations with 8 seats each and 3 sittings per night @ 530, 715 and 900. So only 48 people each evening can partake. Great move locking in your reservation. Now all you need to do is figure out which 4 people in your group are at table 2 with 4 strangers. ;)

Very safe assumption since there are only two stations with 8 seats each and 3 sittings per night @ 530, 715 and 900. So only 48 people each evening can partake. Great move locking in your reservation. Now all you need to do is figure out which 4 people in your group are at table 2 with 4 strangers. ;)

We're putting 6 at each station, so it should be fun! They must be nearly fully booked already for our cruise 9 months from now, as the only time available was the

last night.

You don't pre book shows.