Live Blog! – B2B2B Seward to Japan – Millennium 2018– Join us for our next adventure

Jim_Iain

I hope you enjoyed Salvatore. He was on this cruise last year and we thought he was fantastic. Did you by chance find out if it will be Capt Alex or Capt Nikolaus in April next year.

Beryl

I hear that Captain Alex should be the Master of the Ship. They switch off every 3 months. Dry dock may be a gating factor.

May be too early in the morning but not sure I know who Salvatore is.

Arrived in Otaru early. Immigration began at 7:00 on the dot and Suite guests were processed within 15 minutes.

They have 7 immigrations officers and very organized.

79c3edb0b8981e5f7ac15ebdf50cd48a.jpg

7ad0273dc89e630c2c0d4bf39fcc3220.jpg

Looks like it will be a nice day and comfortable with just a light sweater. I’m guessing temp to be 68-70.

I arranged a tour with Tour By Locals and have two couples from CC joining us. Should be a fun day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope you had a great day touring Otaru. We thoroughly enjoyed it as our introduction to Japan. I remember a TV news crew was on the ground interviewing people as they disembarked when we called there in 2016.

We had a wonderful day in Otaru and Sapporo. The people are so friendly and so hospitable.

We got a late start as one of the couples in our group didn't have any status and had a group 14 immigration inspection. We didn't leave the port until nearly 10:00.

Our guide was dockside at 9:00 and was very patient.

The port is very small and does not have a terminal. They had a couple vendor stands at the pier and even had an Exchange Tent set up to exchange US Cash for Yen.

a9338fbe94a15e9212990066b182585d.jpg

We first took a taxi to the Otaru train station for a 25 minute train ride to Sapporo. The train runs along the sea and affords beautiful views on the way.

d6393731b50eee8352de6bb1d566df6b.jpg

43f89677c1924874364d15e83df9dac8.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

I hear that Captain Alex should be the Master of the Ship. They switch off every 3 months. Dry dock may be a gating factor.

May be too early in the morning but not sure I know who Salvatore is.

Thank you so much for that info. Salvatore Hasard is one of the entertainers in the theatre. We saw him last year and thought he was absolutely amazing, and so friendly. I saw him listed in the daily program you attached.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for that info. Salvatore Hasard is one of the entertainers in the theatre. We saw him last year and thought he was absolutely amazing, and so friendly. I saw him listed in the daily program you attached.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ahh. We are not real big on. Celebrity Shows and have not attended any. I looked in the today and saw he just played the other night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums