Constellation - the notorious Deck 9!

Karen Lynn

Ha. We love the overhang but we like shade. I can sit on my balcony anytime without worrying about it being too hot. And when it rains..... dry as a bone :)

But, it's not for everyone. Of course we live in S Florida and get more than enough sun year round :)

Our absolute favourite deck for cabins is deck 9 ( M class) because of the overhang. I can sit out at anytime, anyday and be comfortable. Booked deck 9 on Infinity for next May in the Med. If offered an upgrade, it would have to be on deck 9!

Where are you cruising? I'm another voice who appreciates the shady balcony. I don't think it makes the cabin too dark, especially not in the Caribbean where every bit of shade is helpful. It's not like the balcony is large enough for "real" sunbathing, but I guess it depends on how you want to use the balcony.

We were in a deck nine cabin in Alaska and loved it, for reasons mentioned above: protection from rain and shade, thanks to the overhang.

We are booked on deck 8 on the Constellation, Adriatic cruise; we would gladly take a deck 9 cabin if an upgrade was available. We do however have a de deck 9 booking on Millenium in Asia. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don’t believe the stairs or handicapped cabin will be an issue. More experienced cruisers may have a more in depth opinion. The only suggestion I would have is to check what is located directly above the cabin, and try to assess if a certain noise level could result. If so, take in consideration the likelihood of noise versus your own schedule and potential impact. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking at Concierge Class #9084 but soooo hesitant that it will have a dark shaded balcony with the overhang ...

Help?

I was in 9074 Aqua class on Constellation last May and just loved the overhang, am going again in a couple of weeks but this time on Millennium, not Aqua but still on 9.... just love the shade or shelter as there are plenty of other places to catch the sun.

• 2 weeks later...
If you wish an AQ cabin without the overhang then you will need to either book an A2 on the forward portion of deck 9 or an A1 on deck 11 aft

Hi - when you say forward, how far forward? We are booked in 9054 on Connie and hopeful it IS under the over-hang.....