Celebrity newbie--help with Equinox balcony cabin?

hiccups

We're RCI/Azamara cruisers looking at Equinox for a March 2019 cruise. I'm slightly overwhelmed by all the balcony cabin categories. I checked out the cabins thread but haven't had much luck finding information on cabins open for the 3/2/19 sailing.

We don't like being above or below public areas, so I'm assuming decks 7, 8 or 9 would work. Midship or aft near midship is probably our preferred area of the ship, but most midship cabins are taken. We just want to avoid anchor/docking noise (not sure if that's a concern on those decks), and be able to rely more on the stairs than elevators for dining, fitness center and pool access. We also want an unobstructed view.

Anyone willing to help out a newbie X cruiser and recommend a deck and some cabins or categories to consider?

We're RCI/Azamara cruisers looking at Equinox for a March 2019 cruise. I'm slightly overwhelmed by all the balcony cabin categories. I checked out the cabins thread but haven't had much luck finding information on cabins open for the 3/2/19 sailing.

We don't like being above or below public areas, so I'm assuming decks 7, 8 or 9 would work. Midship or aft near midship is probably our preferred area of the ship, but most midship cabins are taken. We just want to avoid anchor/docking noise (not sure if that's a concern on those decks), and be able to rely more on the stairs than elevators for dining, fitness center and pool access. We also want an unobstructed view.

Anyone willing to help out a newbie X cruiser and recommend a deck and some cabins or categories to consider?

Have stayed mid-forward and mid- aft on 9 and 10 and had no issues.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forums mobile app

Recommend the available 1A cabin 8197 with the large angled balcony and the bed near the bathroom.

However, there is no forward view with 8179. if you would rather have a forward view and don't mind a little more wind from the forward motion, then my second choice would be 7260 - again with the larger angled balcony and bed near the bath

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

Decks 7-10 will have cabins above and below. Deck 6 has obstructed & partially obstructed balconies. All veranda cabins are the same size and have the same decor. We have stayed in 8172 & friends were in 8174 and enjoyed them; aft of mid ship, cabins across the hall so no crew access door to creating noise.

Decks 7-10 will have cabins above and below. Deck 6 has obstructed & partially obstructed balconies. All veranda cabins are the same size and have the same decor. We have stayed in 8172 & friends were in 8174 and enjoyed them; aft of mid ship, cabins across the hall so no crew access door to creating noise.

Balcony cabins on the slant of the hump have larger balconies. Check out the sticky at the top of this board for a wealth of information on Solstice-class cabins. The spreadsheet is great. When you use the spreadsheet, be careful if the cabin # you’re looking at is on the Reflection, because that ship has an extra deck and cabin #s can be different than other Solstice-class ships. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm also a fan of the balcony cabins on the slant of the hump (1A and C2 categories). They are very conveniently located near the elevators (don't worry, no noise from the latter), and, as other have said, have balconies that are larger than the balconies of other cabins in the same class. I see 1229 and 9243 (both C2) open on your sailing, and a handful of 1As on Decks 6 and 7. (Personally, I would not book on Deck 6 because it's over the public spaces on Deck 5. Not sure I'd even go as low as Deck 7. Deck 10 is fine on the Equinox, as you have cabins above and below. In fact, we love Deck 10 on these ships.) Off the hump, there are a bunch of C3 balcony cabins available on Decks 9 and 10; some are as far forward as you can go, but I see 9259 and 1166 between the hump and the stern, which you might consider given your preferences.

With the exception of the size of the balconies themselves, the Verandah cabins on the S-class ships are the same, the difference is location (and thus price), and some perks in Concierge class that some folks feel are worth it and others don't.

Before you book, please do check out the S-class cabin sticky at the top of this forum as others have advised. Do a search by cabin number (not ship name), and just be careful if you see posts from the Reflection for the reasons noted in the comments above.

If you have a specific cabin or cabins in mind, please feel free to come back and ask about it!

Good luck!

Thanks for all the advice--very helpful! When I looked at the sticky before I was only looking at Equinox cabins, so checking out other ships' cabin reviews makes a big difference.

We just did an all-inclusive resort, so my husband is leaning towards doing that again, but with the promotion going on, a cruise won't be much more and I've wanted to try Celebrity.

I have found that the website cruisedeckplans.com is valuable when choosing a cabin on any of the major cruise lines. It will show problem areas (indicated with red stars) or cabins with extra benefits (green stars). You are also able to drag one deck on top of another to see what areas are above and below a desired cabin. The advice you've gotten below added to the info on this site should help. Good luck and happy sailing.

Thanks for all the advice--very helpful! When I looked at the sticky before I was only looking at Equinox cabins, so checking out other ships' cabin reviews makes a big difference.

We just did an all-inclusive resort, so my husband is leaning towards doing that again, but with the promotion going on, a cruise won't be much more and I've wanted to try Celebrity.

Celebrity's S-class ships are stunningly beautiful!