B2B Pros and Cons

Momma Rene

Hi -- We don't enjoy seven night cruises and often look for longer cruises. However, it seems a lot of the cruises to the Caribbean are for seven nights. There are longer cruises, but we really wanted at least 14 days. We are thinking of doing a B2B, however, we have never done that before and I was wondering about the pros and cons of the voyage.

We love b2bs. You’re sitting having breakfast when everyone else is sad & waiting with their luggage. You are last person off the ship & first back on to ding back on board with your new seapass card. Try to stay in the same cabin, no packing involved. Spend the day at the pool without crowds. We try to do a different itinerary each cruise. We’ve gotten slight discounts on b2bs as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two couples we met on our Reflection cruise two weeks ago were doing B2B's, different itineraries for a total of 21 days. We were sooo envious! They said all of the B2Ber's (about 40 on this cruise) met two days before disembarkation (a sea day) in Cellar Masters for instructions. At least in this case, they were not being made to get off the ship at all.

Hi -- We don't enjoy seven night cruises and often look for longer cruises. However, it seems a lot of the cruises to the Caribbean are for seven nights. There are longer cruises, but we really wanted at least 14 days. We are thinking of doing a B2B, however, we have never done that before and I was wondering about the pros and cons of the voyage.

I can't think of anything I would call a "con", as long as you book two where the itinerary changes, so you don't have repetitive ports. Also, you may end up switching staterooms, but if so Celebrity makes it painless. Also, even if you don't switch, you'll have to disembark at least briefly for customs reasons, assuming you're beginning at a US port.

Also, be aware that each leg is accounted for as a separate cruise, so things don't carry from one to the next (e.g. OBC, internet packages, etc.). Biggest thing if you have non-refundable on-board credit, spend it before the end of the particular leg on which you have it, or it will be lost.

Pros:

Usually a B2B discount, with the amount varying based on room type and length of cruises, applies to each leg.

Often some special event for B2B cruisers between legs.

You have the advantage of knowing who and where your favorite crew members are.

When everyone else is stressing about packing and traveling home, you know you're looking forward to more time on a cruise.

Harris

Denver, CO

We’ve only done one B2B on the Reflection. It was seven days each with different ports. Since it was January, I thought we lost two warm days by returning and leaving Florida again.

Not a big deal, but menu items and some shows were repeated.

Please, Celebrity, bring back the Eclipse 14 day cruises!

The turn around process is different in each country due to their laws. In some places you must leave and reboard the ship. Best to count it as a port day and get out of the way

Don't count on enjoying the morning at the pool as they are often closed for cleaning. It really is not a great morning onboard.. but awesome o be starting another week!!!

The cons that I see: menus and most entertainment will likely repeat and cruises have a rhythm - starting with muster, mid cruise, end of cruise. If you are susceptible to that rhythm, and can’t ignore it, you might feel like the party is over at the end of the first week. Did you look at the Panama Canal Cruises?

The downside of a Florida 7 day B2B is that a ship can’t get far enough south to do anything but the run of the mill eastern St Thomas, St Maarten and Nassau or a western doing Jamaica, Labadee and Cozumel.

The somewhat more exotic Caribbean locations such as Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are too far south and are thus relatively inaccessible for a 7 day Cruise.

The Equinox was doing alternating 10 and 11 day itineraries which was good and the now defunct 14 day Eclipse itinerary was my personal favourite.

We love b2b especially when we do 10 day med and back it with a trans. We are doing this in a month on the Solstice flying to Sydney and doing Great Barrier R for 10 days and staying in same room and doing 12 night NZ. Don’t care about duplicate food or shows. There’s a lot to see on excursions and great meeting world wide travelers.

A pro for doing B2B is if the ports and a lot of interesting things to do. I am doing a B2B next year in the Mediterrean because so much to do in Barcelona, Florence. One can do different shore excursions and have much more luck with weather.

I will do the same on NCL Pride around Hawaii. Long flights so I want to see each island twice.

Con; them not changing entertainment that much.

Something a little different. We are doing B2B Carribean cruises in December on 2 different ships! Two different cruise lines.:cool: Although some of the ports will be repeats, we will just use those days to relax. The downside will be having to get off one ship and over to the next. As per my signature, we are taking a HAL ship, and then switching over to the Edge.

We have done a B2B on a Celebrity ship in the Med. Almost a month onboard the Reflection...very nice. We did have to change staterooms, but it was not a big deal.

We are on the Silhouette B2B first leg 9 Nights GC+ABC Islands, 2nd leg 12 nights Southern Caribbean, Total 21 Nights, no repeated Islands in both legs. One con is repeated shows, menus not in cons because you can taste another item. one pro is we are in the same cabin in both legs.

We’ve done more than a few B2B’s and have one planned for March 2019 on the Edge. Normally for Caribbean Cruises, the ships do the Western then Eastern so the itineraries differ.

I’ll disagree about the Con being the menus don’t change. For me, there are enough different entrees that I have no problem seeing the same ones twice in 2 weeks. Most restaurants may have a special, but their menus are the same for months.

And yes, entertainment will repeat.

We did a 14-day cruise through the Panama Canal and that was fantastic, but it does take flying to one coast and returning from the other.

Enjoy. Love B2B’s! And especailly European ones since it costs more to fly there so why not stay longer.

Den

We did a B2B instead of a 14 for many reasons. I don’t want to disclose them because Celebrity monitors the boards and may change them. One is there are 2 captain parties and past guests parties instead of one. Two scoops of Gelato instead of one. If you do a little calculating you should be able to figure them out.

One advantage is if you like a show you can see it again. If you didn’t like the show you can skip it and do something else. Same goes with other activities.

You will know all the answers for the trivia.

You get to listen to the same jokes and stories from the CD and Captain

If there was something you had to make a choice between in the dining room you can try it on the next cruise.

When others are leaving you know that you have another cruise and don’t have to pack on the 7th night if you have the same cabin.

Looking at the faces of those that think they are the first to be on the ship as you sit there looking at them coming on board enjoying a drink.

You also have the chance to be first in the buffet, mess up the trays and get a prime table plus you may get to attend the lunch in the MDR along with those in concierge if you wish and if offered for B2B

We were also offered a 50% off speciality dining for that first night when we attended the B2B information meeeting

Then last but not the least is you get to attend 2 yes 2 muster drills. 🤗😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

And for those that cruise from one port to another on B2B’s or standard cruises, we find the fares to be in line with others. I know many think ‘repositioning’ or one-way cruises can be an issue for flights, many times they are not.

Den

Edited by Denny01

We did a B2B instead of a 14 for many reasons. I don’t want to disclose them because Celebrity monitors the boards and may change them. One is there are .........

Happy cruising

I love it.....I can’t tell you why, but.......then list the ‘whys’! Great post! And agree with your reasons you can’t tell us about.

And another little secret we don’t want the Celebrity Spies knowing, if you purchase booze in port or from the ship on the 1st B2B, they return it to your SR the night before that cruise ends, and you have it for the 2nd B2B. Fantastic. Between Elite, Drink Package, bottle of (cheap) wine from your TA and the stuff you buy on the 1st B2B, you’ll need a liver transplant!

Den

Edited by Denny01

Go for it. We really like B2B cruises. No negatives as far as we are concerned. We always have the same cabin for both legs and make sure the intiineries are different. Menus (MDR) repeating isn't a biggie for us because of multiple selections. Repeating entertainment isn't a biggies for us either. The production shows will be the same but the guest entertainers have always been different on our B2B cruises.

Go for it. We really like B2B cruises. No negatives as far as we are concerned. We always have the same cabin for both legs and make sure the intiineries are different. Menus (MDR) repeating isn't a biggie for us because of multiple selections. Repeating entertainment isn't a biggies for us either. The production shows will be the same but the guest entertainers have always been different on our B2B cruises.

We’ve seen guest entertIners on both legs of a B2B several times when each leg was seven days. They would meet the ship about half way through the first leg and leave about half way through rhe second leg.

We’ve seen guest entertIners on both legs of a B2B several times when each leg was seven days. They would meet the ship about half way through the first leg and leave about half way through rhe second leg.

Good point grandgeezer, the entertainment does change some between B2B’s.

Den

Pros is 14 days , cons is you will see the same entertainment.

Pros -

* You know exactly what to expect and from whom.

* Might win the drawing at the B2B meeting for a free speciality resturant dinner,

* If using the main dining room, you can often select the table of your choice during the 1st cruise.

* For RCL private island - better cabana choice by booking the first week

* For Princess you can book the cabana in the Sancatury on the first week.

* You have another week to enjoy!

Cons -

* The turn around day is a waste... having to get up early and clear customs.

* Spa & Gym is closed most of the day.

I will start another thread... But, I am curious what other people do about tipping when B2B

We do b2b out of Florida, usually a 10 and 11 day or a 12 and a 9 day.

There was a time when I said I would never do that because I preferred to stay in the Caribbean and do a 10 and 11 day out of Puerto Rico.

I don't know if any cruise line offers that anymore.

Celebrity, if you read this, please bring back the 10 and 11 day from Puerto Rico! Jan/Feb.

Bottom line.....21 days away from the snow and ice....who can complain!

Something a little different. We are doing B2B Carribean cruises in December on 2 different ships! Two different cruise lines.:cool: Although some of the ports will be repeats, we will just use those days to relax. The downside will be having to get off one ship and over to the next. As per my signature, we are taking a HAL ship, and then switching over to the Edge.

We have done a B2B on a Celebrity ship in the Med. Almost a month onboard the Reflection...very nice. We did have to change staterooms, but it was not a big deal.

Have done this twice! We will be repeating this Dec/Jan, going from the Edge to the Harmony of the Seas- it is fun to have a different experience. Also, you get a different menu as opposed to a true back to back which repeats so much including the entertainment. However, you have to pack and unpack twice. A small price to pay for a great adventure. Enjoy