Celebrity Constellation classic drinks package

Maxie33

Hi

Does anyone know what you can get at the moment on the Classic Drinks Package in the way of beers and shorts. I am travelling in June and just wondering if you can get cocktails at the Ice Bar made with non-premium liquor or should I upgrade to Premium. I don't want to drink many cocktails but would like to know what exactly you can order. I cant find any up to date details on the Celebrity web page and it is really confusing trying to order a drink when you don't know what you can order.

You dont have to decide now. Wait until you are on board, see if you like what is on the Classic, and upgrade then if need be

Thank you Akakegirl . Does that mean that there will be another price increase. I think that you are right and we should wait until we are on board to decide.

Hi

Does anyone know what you can get at the moment on the Classic Drinks Package in the way of beers and shorts. I am travelling in June and just wondering if you can get cocktails at the Ice Bar made with non-premium liquor or should I upgrade to Premium. I don't want to drink many cocktails but would like to know what exactly you can order. I cant find any up to date details on the Celebrity web page and it is really confusing trying to order a drink when you don't know what you can order.

I am guessing by Ice Bar you mean the Martini bar and you can get beer, wine & cocktails at the Martini bar that are covered by the Classic package. What you can’t get at the Martini bar on the Classic package are the Martinis as they are $12 which is above the Classic package. If you want you can order them and pay the extra $3 plus 18% gratutity.

I am guessing by Ice Bar you mean the Martini bar and you can get beer, wine & cocktails at the Martini bar that are covered by the Classic package. What you can’t get at the Martini bar on the Classic package are the Martinis as they are $12 which is above the Classic package. If you want you can order them and pay the extra $3 plus 18% gratutity.

Thanks Jelayne. Yes you are right I did mean the Martini bar. That is really helpful. Thank you.

It seems like waiting two or three days to decide would save money, somevenif it costs a tad bit more to upgrade you would still be ahead

I think you are correct in what you are saying Alakegirl especially when I never drink a Martini, . I have been on a few cruises with Celebrity and I always find it a bit confusing in the beginning when they change the selections available on the Classic package from one year to the next. . It gets so busy in the Martini bar that you need to be clear about what you can get and what to order. .

With the new $14 differential, to justify the upgrade to Premium, you would need to drink either at least five $12 priced drinks or at least four $13 or higher priced drinks each day. Although, this does not include the additional non-alcoholic drink Premium benefits that might also affect your decision.

With the new $14 differential, to justify the upgrade to Premium, you would need to drink either at least five $12 priced drinks or at least four $13 or higher priced drinks each day. Although, this does not include the additional non-alcoholic drink Premium benefits that might also affect your decision.

Wow definitely not worth it for a very occasional Martini. I will stick to the ordinary water, which is fine, and my normal GnTs which are lovely. Thank you for that information as I didn't realize that the price had increased.

Thank you 2theship. I didn't know about the Rendezvous Lounge as I never sat there as it always appeared to be a bit cold but that is interesting. This is my second trip on the Constellation and this year I will try it out.

Wow definitely not worth it for a very occasional Martini. I will stick to the ordinary water, which is fine, and my normal GnTs which are lovely. Thank you for that information as I didn't realize that the price had increased.

The increased Premium Package was initially announced with an increased price of $69 (+18%) with no change in the price ceiling; but now they have included it with a change in the ceiling from the old $13 to the new $15.

So expect the Martini's to increase to $15!

And the $14 per day cost to upgrade will then have an on average 2.33 Martini per day break-even.

• 2 weeks later...

The last 3 cruises we’ve done on Celebrity we have gotten the classic pkg. perk and paid the difference for the premium. For a 7 night to difference is usually around 80 including tax and gratituty. I would think more about what you like to drink, how many you’ll drink and how much they cost.

Since classic goes up to $9 beverages, it’s nice to have a line drawn. I like all the fancy cocktails and wine so i know the premium package is for me because I will have at least 1 of those a day. Also, it makes it personally easier to know I can basically order whatever I want and not have to think about whether it’s in my package. I want to think as little as possible when I’m on that ship,lol.

I haven’t asked about getting them made with lower shelf liquors. That would be good to ask, but do know you will have to pay full price if it’s not included in your package, you can’t pay the difference.

The last 3 cruises we’ve done on Celebrity we have gotten the classic pkg. perk and paid the difference for the premium. For a 7 night to difference is usually around 80 including tax and gratituty. I would think more about what you like to drink, how many you’ll drink and how much they cost.

Since classic goes up to $9 beverages, it’s nice to have a line drawn. I like all the fancy cocktails and wine so i know the premium package is for me because I will have at least 1 of those a day. Also, it makes it personally easier to know I can basically order whatever I want and not have to think about whether it’s in my package. I want to think as little as possible when I’m on that ship,lol.

I haven’t asked about getting them made with lower shelf liquors. That would be good to ask, but do know you will have to pay full price if it’s not included in your package, you can’t pay the difference.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am totally with you about not wanting to think about what I can and cannot order and for that reason I think that we will upgrade to Premium. I very occasionally like to try a Martini or a nice wine but it is very confusing when you don't really know what is covered in your package. Thank you.

Not sure if the last two posters realize, but you CAN just pay the difference (plus 18%) if you order something over the Classic package limit; you don't have to pay the full amount. This used to be true of the premium package only but they changed it to include both packages.

Not sure if the last two posters realize, but you CAN just pay the difference (plus 18%) if you order something over the Classic package limit; you don't have to pay the full amount. This used to be true of the premium package only but they changed it to include both packages.

Thank you late2cruisin. I wasn't sure if this was still the case. The cost of the upgrade has just been put up for our cruise and indeed it is very expensive and not worth it for the occasional Martini.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the smoothies at the Aqua Restaurant are covered on the Classic package. The 1st time we cruised with Celebrity they were, and last summer they weren’t. A friend just came home and said yes they were, so confusing!!

• 2 weeks later...