Celebrity Constellation - What's allowed and what's not?

Ashnal

Hi Guys,

We are going on our first cruise this coming August (so excited!) and have been reading about what's allowed and what's not allowed on a cruise. Most people advise the find out specifically about their ship so...that's why I'm posting on this forum (I apologise if I'm in the wrong place).

I've been reading about bringing a power strip (to charge our many devices) but I'm not sure if that is allowed on the Celebrity Constellation - anyone have any experience with this?

Any other suggestions for must brings and absolutely not alloweds?

Irons, clothes steamers, guns, candles, knives are not allowed as well as a number of other items. A complete list is on the Celebrity site. You can’t bring alcohol on board but you are allowed to bring 2 750ml bottles of wine per cabin. If you take them to the dining room or a restaurant you will be charged a corkage. If you enjoy them in your cabin no charge.

Read the cruise contract that you have to sign. It lists everything that you need to know.

Also read the FAQ section on Celebrity’s website.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌊

Read the cruise contract that you have to sign. It lists everything that you need to know.

Also read the FAQ section on Celebrity’s website.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji305]

Exactly that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been reading about bringing a power strip (to charge our many devices) but I'm not sure if that is allowed on the Celebrity Constellation - anyone have any experience with this?

Any other suggestions for must brings and absolutely not alloweds?

No - we were not allowed to bring them on our cruise in March / April 2018 on Solstice - that's the advice I got from fellow CC members... and when we dropped our cases off at check in there were 'port officials' standing there outside the Passenger Terminal in Sydney holding power strips saying "if you have one of these, please remove it from your suitcase as they are not permitted onboard".

when reading the list of what was not allowed to be taken on board there were a few obvious things like guns, ammunition, fireworks, knives... then I saw kayaks are not allowed..... made me laugh because at sometime someone must have tried to board a celebrity ship with a kayak...

I have brought on every ship including Constellation, a 5 port USB charger purchased from Amazon made by lumsing. It doesn't have a surge suppressor and plugs into the regular outlet with a regular 2 pronged plug. I leave it out in our room to charge our phones, tablets, Kindles etc. and have never had it questioned. I always have it in my carry one and have never had it questioned.

I have brought on every ship including Constellation, a 5 port USB charger purchased from Amazon made by lumsing. It doesn't have a surge suppressor and plugs into the regular outlet with a regular 2 pronged plug. I leave it out in our room to charge our phones, tablets, Kindles etc. and have never had it questioned. I always have it in my carry one and have never had it questioned.

We always bring something like this also. On one Celebrity cruise awhile ago, there was a note in the cabins that you are not supposed to use these, but we did anyway on that cruise and many others with no issue. They have an extremely limited number of outlets so in today's day and age you really have no choice.

We always bring something like this also. On one Celebrity cruise awhile ago, there was a note in the cabins that you are not supposed to use these, but we did anyway on that cruise and many others with no issue. They have an extremely limited number of outlets so in today's day and age you really have no choice.

There are reasons they prohibit certain items . It always makes me angry when people don't think the rules apply to them. They put other passengers safety at risk!

I believe that Phoenix Dream was using the correct device. They may have misunderstood the note in the room which refers to power strips (the kind with a cord). Most of these are not allowed because they contain surge suppressors. The 5 port USB box with no surge suppressor is allowed.

I couldn’t find the list on Celebrity’s website or on my booking info, below is the list from RCCL. I assume they are similar. I agree with the posters that you can bring a power strip or a charger that does NOT have a surge protector on it. Surge protectors and extension cords are no no’s because of increased fire risk.

I have known people with oxygen and/or CPAP machines to be allowed to bring, or were provided by RCCL, extension cords for their medically necessary machines.

6cdf7b9672ab708319cdd6f007da6196.jpg

Vickie

This is from my cruise contract on the Equinox next month...

“Security Screening And Prohibited Items

Celebrity Cruises highest priority is to ensure the safety and security of all guests. In order to maintain an effective and meaningful security environment and to comply with international and national security laws, regulations and guidelines, Celebrity Cruises has established

strict security procedures in the seaport terminals we utilize and onboard all our vessels. These measures include screening all guests and their personal property.

For the safety of our guests and crew there are certain items that

are not allowed onboard. If these are found they will be con scated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas, Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors* , Illegal Drugs & Substances , Candles & Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons/Steamers & Hot Plates

, Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows and Arrows, Skateboards & Surfboards, Martial Arts Gear, Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray and night sticks, Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and reworks, HAM Radios, Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint; Alcoholic Beverages**; Hookah Pipes.

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

**Two bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.”

It doesn’t mention surge protectors or power cords, but I have seen them being returned after the cruise is over.

Vickie

There are reasons they prohibit certain items . It always makes me angry when people don't think the rules apply to them. They put other passengers safety at risk!

Save your anger at least in our case. The item we use was shown to staff when boarding and approved. It has also been used on numerous cruises and left on the desk daily in open sight. Officials determined it to be perfectly safe. No one was endangered. I do think people shouldn't bring surge protected devices aboard but most folks may not be aware of the dangers on a cruise ship if such devices rather than being deliberately defiant. After all they would be endangering themselves as well as others.

We have taken a small three outlet extension cord, not surge protected, on many cruises and left it in full view in our cabin. On this year's Silhouette TA it was confiscated from our suitcase. A multi plug outlet without a cord that was in hand luggage was allowed.

She's talking about a usb outlet adaptor with several usb ports. It's allowed & not putting any pax in danger.

We're brought one or two on every cruise we've been on, in our carry on. Last time the people checking carry on's pulled it out, gave it a once over, & were fine with it. It's surge protected devices they are concerned with as those are a fire risk.

I guess you'll have to be angry about someone else lol ;)

Hi all. I need some help. Can anyone recommend a specific power adapter so I can charge my iPhone, iPad and at least one other electric device at the same time. I have several adapters already but all of them are surge suppressors as well. I’ve been looking on Amazon, but everything I see there is also a surge suppressor.

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi all. I need some help. Can anyone recommend a specific power adapter so I can charge my iPhone, iPad and at least one other electric device at the same time. I have several adapters already but all of them are surge suppressors as well. I’ve been looking on Amazon, but everything I see there is also a surge suppressor.

Thanks,

Kathy

The one we use is made by Lumsing and sold by Amazon. It has 5 USB ports. We charge both phones, tablets and kindles. I use it at home as well to charge multiple devices at once. It is not good for charging our Fitbits however.