Misty Fjords Alaska

BOBBON

We just returned (2 weeks ago) from the Inside Passage cruise on Eurodam and did the Misty Fjords excursion by boat. A big shout out and hats off to the captain and crew of the vessel. It was a beautiful, two deck, ship with great amenities and excellent food that was complimentary and for purchase. Having said all that I DO NOT recommend the Misty Fjords tour by boat. It's long and boring, taking and hour and a half to get to the Fjords from Ketchikan. We so no wildlife and while the views were quite nice eventually, it was basically a repeat of the sort of views we saw in Juneau and Glacier Bay. If we had it to do over again we would have stayed in town. Best you do the airplane version. Keep in mind that the float plane tour might be canceled if the weather is bad as in rain, fog, etc.

We did a Flight over the Misty Fjords in late July, had a beautiful clear blue sky that day. It was spectacular! We had booked with Michelle with Island wings but when we got to the dock we found out her plane had mechanical problems. I hated to loose the chance to fly on such a perfect day, we had our flight to the fjords canceled in 2017 due to low ceiling. We got on a flight a couple hours later with Mountain Air and it all worked out. I would highly recommend it!

Nothing shows the vastness and beauty of Alaska more than a flight. Superior to any boat tour of Misty Fiords. I just flew again a week + ago. Went to Traitors on Saturday. :)

+++ nothing beats a view for an airplane

and, yes, thanks to our congress, it is officially misspelled as Misty Fiords. you get what you pay for......

boating up the Stikine river this sunday to collect 'shrooms and berries for our upcoming RainForesst festival. Yes, it rains here.

We've taken a float plane tour from Island Wings with Michelle at the controls and a catamaran tour with Allen Marine. The former is definitely more exhilarating, the later more relaxing and arguably more educational (on-board naturalist, informative talk from a native Alaskan). Totally different experiences, equally enjoyable...

We booked through HAL and the flight was with Taquan Air in Ketchikan. Good flight out, very pretty. Clouds and rain came in as we started back. Low cloud cover caused them to cancel following flights. Be sure to keep cell phone or camera secured as they don`t float

Just took a flight Monday Aug 20th with Randy @ Mountain Air. Was originally booked with Michelle, but she ran into some problems with being late due to heavy traffic in Ketchikan. So glad Randy was able to accommodate us. He pilots his own de Havilland Beaver float plane.

I really like the view looking down on the fjords rather than looking up. Plus you get to land on the lake with Michelle or Randy.