Canada sim data card available

Budget Queen

IN Canada Sim cards are supplied by the Cell phone companies . I don't know ow any companies that sell them in Canada.

I would look at world wide sim. Most US cell companies work in Canada. Check with your company if they include Canada in your existing package .Some might have a plan that if you pay a daily only when you use yout device.

Given how frequently you seem to cruise up here BQ, I'm actually surprised you don't already have one! Personally, as a light phone user myself, I found the best deal by far on Pay As You Go to be with Speakout, the phone service provided by 7-Eleven. You can just walk into any store and buy a SIM and extra minutes, and they should work on most unlocked phones using 850/1900 Mhz.

These days all the preloaded minutes last a full year - so you don't need to load a hundred bucks on if you'll only be using $20 worth of credit a year. But in case you think you'll use more, I just spotted they have a 'traveler' special - free SIM and $25 bonus if you buy $100 worth of minutes.

I love Tracfone! I can't use my Speakout Canadian phone in the US, and as you know Tracfone also doesn't work internationally - but it costs me less than $50 a year in total to keep both active with more minutes than I will ever use. It would be ideal if one of them added a roaming option so I could ditch the other and spend even less, but it's still less per year than most folks pay per month for their phone plans;-)

If it's literally just the Data you want, you don't even need a plan with Speakout - as long as you load the phone with at least enough funds to cover the $10 Data package and $1.25 monthly 911 fee, it's all good. Whenever we have had issues with internet at home I've just called them to add the Data package to my PAYG account, never been a problem.

Edit - of course if you need a lot of data, a plan will be better value...

Edited by martincath

i paid for one month ATT prepaid and when you get to canada you gotta change some settings but rogers was nice enough to prompt me what to change on my phone. no one at ATT told me id have to switch things

then when you get home the cheap ATT free phone you got can go in the drawer for when you need it again