Pan Pacific Question

Rambler5678

We stayed at the Pan Pacific before our Alaskan cruise a few years ago. If I remember correctly, we called the desk about having them deliver our luggage to the ship, and they told us to just leave it in the room and they would take care of it. I have to admit we were a tiny bit worried that they would forget or miss it, but our luggage was delivered as promised. Also, we left a few dollars on top of the cases as a tip for the bellhops. Don't think that made any difference, but I think they would have appreciated it.

When we are ready to check out of the Pan Pacific we call down to the bellman's desk to have our luggage picked up. We tell the bellman that we would like to have the luggage delivered to the cruise ship and he takes our luggage and gives us claim tickets should we need them if something were to go wrong ---- which it NEVER has in the six times we have used the service.

In Vancouver, yes. Did not have a problem.

I believe we called to tell them we were leaving and left the luggage in our room.

We do not book the PP through the cruise line, we book independently. On check-in we have always been instructed that after we call for our luggage to be picked up, we must remain in our room until the bellman collects our luggage.

We do not book the PP through the cruise line, we book independently. On check-in we have always been instructed that after we call for our luggage to be picked up, we must remain in our room until the bellman collects our luggage.

I did not book through the cruise line either.

I did what they told us to do. Just reporting our experience.

I too was a bit worried but it was delivered to our cabin on the ship.

I have stayed at the Pan Pacific several times and most recently in 2016.

Love the hotel and the location.

We made the arrangements the day before. Not required but why not.

We agreed on the time.

At the precise time the head of the bell boy department came to our room. He went over everything with us. Very professional and asked the ten million dollar question. Do you have your passports as he has seen situations where someone left their passport in checked luggage.

Took the luggage with him and yes they bring it directly to the ship.

Works perfectly.

When you are ready to board from the Pan Pacific Hotel you make your way to the lobby level. You then switch elevators and take it down to the garage level. You walk over and then straight ahead and you are where you need to be to go through security.

They have been delivering luggage to the ships for many years as we had them do this starting in the mid 1990's.

Keith

You do not need to book through the cruise line to have the luggage taken over to the port.

Keith

Sorry if I gave that impression. That wasn't my intent -- my intent was to clarify what our experience had been -- that we could not leave our luggage in our room and have it taken to the port. That we had to be IN OUR ROOM for the bellman to collect it, to take it to the port.

Sorry if I gave that impression. That wasn't my intent -- my intent was to clarify what our experience had been -- that we could not leave our luggage in our room and have it taken to the port. That we had to be IN OUR ROOM for the bellman to collect it, to take it to the port.

Thanks for clarifying.

Yes, you need to be in the room for them to collect your luggage because you will sign a form acknowledging that they have collected the luggage including the number of bags.

Keith

Will they carry your luggage to be checked in for your cruise? Anyone ever had a bad experience with this?

They do. And the Fairmont right across the street from the Pan Pacific offers the same service as well. We stayed at the Fairmont but got to spend some time in the Pan Pacific as well because the Fairmont pool had an issue and they gave guests the option to use the Pan Pacific. Both hotels were extremely conveniently located for the port (the Pan Pacific literally at the same building and the Fairmont just across the street). The Fairmont told us they have yet to have a suitcase not make the cruise. Note that the check in process at this port can be very lengthy at times when three ships are in port so have a good breakfast and go with lots of patience and comfy shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband has stayed at the Pan Pacific on business, but we also have stayed there prior to an Alaska cruise. We booked the hotel independently and while we were checking in the desk clerk asked if we would be leaving on a cruise. We were told to have our cruise luggage tags on our bags, and then just call the bell desk when we were ready to have them collected. A bellman was promptly at our hotel door, picked up the luggage and his tip. We were not given any receipts nor were we asked to sign any form.

But this is a great service. While are certainly capable of delivering our luggage to the porters, having a bellman pick up the luggage from the hotel room would be very handy when traveling with young children or with someone dealing with mobility issues.

We stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim, the third of the three large hotels right at/near the port, before our cruise to Seward.

(We've stayed at all three on business, and the Pacific Rim is our favorite.)

Anyway, when we were ready to check out and head to the ship, a bellman loaded our luggage and us into a hotel car, and drove us over, and they knew precisely where to take our luggage. We just preferred to see our "stuff" in the hands of the folks who actually load the luggage :-)

The Pan Pacific is right above the cruise port, and the Fairmont Waterfront and Fairmont Pacific Rim are sort of across the street, all very convenient.

GC

We stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim, the third of the three large hotels right at/near the port, before our cruise to Seward.

(We've stayed at all three on business, and the Pacific Rim is our favorite.)

I have to concur with you. I have stayed at many hotels in Vancouver and the Fairmont Pacific Rim is amazing! It is probably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at anywhere. It is truly amazing.

My favorite hotel is probably is Whistler Pan Pacific Village but Fairmont Pacific Rim is by far the nicest hotel I have stayed at. It is much nicer than Pan Pacific in Vancouver.

Here's the Pan Pacific package mentioning the service.

Personally, I would just do the luggage drag down the elevator and drop it off to the port staff.

I remember seeing the nearby Fairmont Waterfront and Fairmont Pacific Rim offering a luggage transfer service on their website. Don't see that now.