Blackwood Tour Company Sold--BEWARE!

pjbrock

Our Cape Breton tour was reserved with Robert Jurcina of "Blackwood Tours" based on high recommendations of the Blackwood tours on line. I had booked this over a year in advance and when I booked (for4) I was assured we were the first booked. At no time during any of our correspondence was I told that our booked tour for 4 was not private, Even though this was confirmed within a week of the cruise ship stop, When we arrived , Robert told us that not only was it not private but he was overbooked and he was shuffling us off to another company -"Blue Thistle Tours" Sean was good and I would book with Blue Thistle again as I do feel that he would have been honest about the arrangements. He also continually apologized for the cramped conditions as he stated he never bookes more than 8 in his van-for comfort. (He was helping out a friend) . But there were 11 people in an 8 passenger van and it was ridiculously uncomfortable. The Blackwoods Tours company was sold in January 2017 and the new owner is not interested in anything but maximizing his profits and honestly and integrity are not a part of his vocabulary. BEWARE!

I would have no problem with more than 4 as long as there was honest communication about it but stuffing 11 (large) adults in a van that would comfortable seat 8 was ridiculous. Especially for the premium price charged by Blackwood.