Galveston/Houston Hotel Shuttles

TerryNJon

Cruising out of Galveston for the first time and I need a little help. Usually leave from FLL or Miami and we fly in the night before and stay somewhere that there is a hotel shuttle that will pick us up at the airport and take us to the port the next day. I am not seeing anything similar in Galveston. Anyone done this, recommendations? Thanks!

Several years ago, I cruised out of Galveston and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. They had a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise ship. The shuttles were not free. The hotel was fine. It was a block away from the beach and had a free breakfast.

I have used Galveston Express on a different trip and was very satisfied with their price and service.

There are hotels near the airport that have a shuttle to the hotel and then another one to the port. If you want to stay in Galveston, I wouldn't limit myself to the one hotel that has an airport shuttle. I think you can find good transportation with a shuttle service.

I can't edit my post, but I do not know of any hotels near the airports that offer free shuttles to the ports. I got my ports mixed up. I guess my mind is on my cruise this Saturday out of Miami.

Anyway, the only hotel in Galveston I know of is Country Inn and Suites that offers both shuttles.. If staying by the airports, you can get free shuttles to some of the hotels and like Easyboy said, use a shuttle service to get to the port. It's very easy to do from any hotel, whether near the airport or in Galveston.

As others have correctly said, there really isn't a hotel shuttle from Houston to Galveston. There are reliable shuttle services, but they are not free.

My suggestion is to fly into Houston the night before and get a shuttle to a Galveston hotel. From most anywhere in Galveston, a taxi to the ship is less than approx $17 and takes less than 15 minutes.

To me, that would be less stressful than trying to get from Houston to the ship on the day of embarkation.

the best way to sail out of Galveston port, is to book your hotel by the airport you are flying into, and in the morning of the embarkation you leave from your hotel straight to the port, this way you avoid the extra trip from any hotel in Galveston to the port, save money and headache as transportation from hotels in Galveston to the port can be stressful sometime in the morning because all of them want lonh trips to the airports in Houston.

For shuttle companies, they are all reasonable, and it also depends on how many passengers you have in your group, thelarger your group, the better deal per person you will get. These are the 3 main shuttle compnaies in Galveston.

Galveston Shuttle & Limo (private shuttle) 409-761-1184 check their rate here http://galveston-shuttle.com/get-to-know-us/rates/

Galveston Express (shared Shuttle) (409)762-4397 and they charge $25 pp from Hobby and $30 pp from IAH

Galveston Limousine (shared Shuttle) 409-744-5466 and they charge $25 pp from Hobby and $30 pp from IAH

Do your homework on checking out their reviews, and what kind of complaints they have, then make your decision. Good luck

the best way to sail out of Galveston port, is to book your hotel by the airport you are flying into, and in the morning of the embarkation you leave from your hotel straight to the port, this way you avoid the extra trip from any hotel in Galveston to the port, save money and headache as transportation from hotels in Galveston to the port can be stressful sometime in the morning because all of them want lonh trips to the airports in Houston.

For shuttle companies, they are all reasonable, and it also depends on how many passengers you have in your group, thelarger your group, the better deal per person you will get. These are the 3 main shuttle compnaies in Galveston.

Galveston Shuttle & Limo (private shuttle) 409-761-1184 check their rate here http://galveston-shuttle.com/get-to-know-us/rates/

Galveston Express (shared Shuttle) (409)762-4397 and they charge $25 pp from Hobby and $30 pp from IAH

Galveston Limousine (shared Shuttle) 409-744-5466 and they charge $25 pp from Hobby and $30 pp from IAH

Do your homework on checking out their reviews, and what kind of complaints they have, then make your decision. Good luck

Good information; Just want to add Galveston Express offers a pickup from an airport hotel for $30 for any sized group.