Qm2 late leaving

transatlantic fan

We have just returned from the QM2 where we were onboard for just short of a month.

The EB return from New York was pretty amazing as the storm gave us some spectacular waves and the motion of the ocean swayed us somewhat, but it was not an uncomfortable crossing at all. In fact, it was quite exhilarating and exciting having the two gas turbines fired up to get us up to speeds of 27 knots and I believe one time we touched 28 knots.

Seeing the steam coming out just below the funnels was a different sight.

Unfortunately, there were a lot of ill people, not with seasickness but with a cough and cold that almost everyone I met had it.

There were some good moments on this cruise but some things were not to Cunard standards, but you can't win them all.

I would not take this Christmas cruise again.

We have just returned from the QM2 where we were onboard for just short of a month.

The EB return from New York was pretty amazing as the storm gave us some spectacular waves and the motion of the ocean swayed us somewhat, but it was not an uncomfortable crossing at all. In fact, it was quite exhilarating and exciting having the two gas turbines fired up to get us up to speeds of 27 knots and I believe one time we touched 28 knots.

Seeing the steam coming out just below the funnels was a different sight.

Unfortunately, there were a lot of ill people, not with seasickness but with a cough and cold that almost everyone I met had it.

There were some good moments on this cruise but some things were not to Cunard standards, but you can't win them all.

I would not take this Christmas cruise again.

Would be interesting if you elaborated .

Would be interesting if you elaborated .

I could well do so Pennbank, but this thread is about the weather conditions and I do not want to moan about things as it is not my style to do that.

However, will just make one comment which was something many people found strange.

There were no hot canape's served all cruise. Only nuts, olives, popcorn and pork scratchings!

Not the elegant style we are used to seeing in the Commodore on an evening.

I could well do so Pennbank, but this thread is about the weather conditions and I do not want to moan about things as it is not my style to do that.

However, will just make one comment which was something many people found strange.

There were no hot canape's served all cruise. Only nuts, olives, popcorn and pork scratchings!

Not the elegant style we are used to seeing in the Commodore on an evening.

Found that strange myself when I was onboard not so long ago.