Cigar Smokers only PLS: Dress code in Churchhill Cigar lounge

uilleann

This is a question just to cigar smokers please.

I am limiting my formal and informal dining clothing to a black suit, One. I am looking forward to some smoking, port sipping, and conversation in that lounge, after dinner. But if I wear my suit in there it will stink for the rest of the trip unless I use the expidited dry cleaning every time I smoke. OR..... Can you show up in smart casual wear anytime. I will have lots of sets of those clothes. What have you seen on previous cruises?

Please no non-cigar smokers.... what happens in the cigar room stays in the cigar room!

I am limiting my formal and informal dining clothing to a black suit, One. I am looking forward to some smoking, port sipping, and conversation in that lounge, after dinner. But if I wear my suit in there it will stink for the rest of the trip unless I use the expidited dry cleaning every time I smoke. OR..... Can you show up in smart casual wear anytime. I will have lots of sets of those clothes. What have you seen on previous cruises

Please no non-cigar smokers.... what happens in the cigar room stays in the cigar room!

What ship will you be Traveling on Cunard has only 3 ships but has different rules on all 3 ships on where and what you can smoke

Churchills on QM2 is for pipe smokers and cigar smokers only.

Cigarettes are strictly not permitted in this room (smoking is permitted aft deck 7)

Dress code applies as this room adjoins the Commodore Club which is one of the most formal areas on the ship post 6pm.

The room has a certain amount of air conditioning but the dry cleaning onboard QM2 would most likely turn a suit around in a few hours if you pay for the express service.

The staff in the commodore club are excellent and very accommodating but they must ask you to adhere to the dress code especially on formal nights.

Hope you enjoy your voyage, the QM2 is the most amazing ocean liner

Queen Victoria
On the Q,V last month and my wife smokes and I do not she Is a Wheelchair user. Now there is a notice that Cigarette users are not allowed You have the whole of the starboard side of deck 10 for Cigarette users, But they do allow them to use Churchill's in foul weather as Churchill's although close to the Commodore Club is not n anyway part of it. As for dress code its the same as the Commodore Club Formal on formal Nights and Informal on informal nights, Don't fret of smelling of smoke between 20%/30% of people smoke that's 600/700 on-board.

I am limiting my formal and informal dining clothing to a black suit, One. I am looking forward to some smoking, port sipping, and conversation in that lounge, after dinner. But if I wear my suit in there it will stink for the rest of the trip unless I use the expidited dry cleaning every time I smoke. OR..... Can you show up in smart casual wear anytime. I will have lots of sets of those clothes. What have you seen on previous cruises?

Churchills can vary quite significantly from cruise to cruise simply because of the smoking habits (or is it a hobby) of the passengers on board. I have seen it busy and have seen it hardly used. I realise you are talking about Queen Victoria but to give an example - on the QM2, Queens grills suites 9001 and 9002 are frequently the last to sell because of the potential for cigar smoke to permeate along the corridor and into the rooms and so you may imagine that Churchills itself CAN become quite concentrated with cigar smoke.

As Hattie has implied it would be expected to adhere to evening dress code for after dinner use of Churchills - during the day there is no problem with casual wear. The staff who "service" Churchills from the Commodore Club could be quite strict on dress code - as indeed often are those using the lounge itself. Maybe add a smoking jacket to your wardrobe!

Uilleann~~~You are a very thoughtful person, to think of how offensive cigar-smoke permeated clothes will affect others. That really is a considerate approach to take. Thank you. I hope I meet you, on one of the Q's

I don't need to comment on the dress code as others have, but as a cigar smoker I can report that the air conditioning in Churchills on the QV is very good and I haven't found any lingering smells in my suits after being in the room. I usually hang my suits that night in the bathroom and by the next morning they are fresh and smelling of roses once again after spending a few hours in the vacuum seal of the room.

On occasion I have been in the room when there have been cigarette smokers, they have often asked if the other smokers in the room object before lighting up which I think is polite and I personally have no objection unless they far outnumber those pipe or cigar smokers. I have heard of arguments when they do or they take the room over.

Its a great lounge and Ive had many an enjoyable evening after dinner in there.

I don't need to comment on the dress code as others have, but as a cigar smoker I can report that the air conditioning in Churchills on the QV is very good and I haven't found any lingering smells in my suits after being in the room. I usually hang my suits that night in the bathroom and by the next morning they are fresh and smelling of roses once again after spending a few hours in the vacuum seal of the room.

On occasion I have been in the room when there have been cigarette smokers, they have often asked if the other smokers in the room object before lighting up which I think is polite and I personally have no objection unless they far outnumber those pipe or cigar smokers. I have heard of arguments when they do or they take the room over.

Its a great lounge and Ive had many an enjoyable evening after dinner in there.

Ditto. Ventilation, air circulation, and temperature are are point and I’ve rarely had an issue with lingering smoke in my tux.

You’ll find Churchill’s lounge as one of the liveliest parts of the Q.V. with a regular crowd in there at all times of the day. It’s often very busy at night.

The same public area dress code applies in there as for the rest of the lounges.

It’s often more heavily populated with cigarette smokers than pipe or cigar smokers, regardless of what the rules say. There is very good ventilation, but I find the smells linger in the room and anything you wear.

I agree with the trick of hanging clothes in your bathroom to freshen them up.

There’s also an outside area to Churchill’s, which has tables and is relatively sheltered from the wind.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Forums

Staying on Topic, just to say, there was quite a commotion on Q.Victoria the other month during my Caribbean cruise . Security had to be called to the Cigar smoking lounge . Apparently a row broke out between the Cigar/Pipe smokers and a group of cigarette smokers who were taking up all the seats and refused to leave, ( even though outside weather condition were fine & sunny) it further escalated when the senior bar waiter from the Commodore refused to serve the group any drinks.

The problem with this smoking room on the Victoria ( and I assume it's the same on QE ?) is that only in adverse weather conditions is cigarette smoking permitted. (there is clear signage when it is permitted and when it is not) ;)

If you have space in your suit case you could take a nice Smoking Jacket. These are smart and suitable for any night. They work like an overall in effect. If you wish to go the whole hog get a smoking hat too, John McCrrick often wore one of those.

Regards John

Staying on Topic, just to say, there was quite a commotion on Q.Victoria the other month during my Caribbean cruise . Security had to be called to the Cigar smoking lounge . Apparently a row broke out between the Cigar/Pipe smokers and a group of cigarette smokers who were taking up all the seats and refused to leave, ( even though outside weather condition were fine & sunny) it further escalated when the senior bar waiter from the Commodore refused to serve the group any drinks.

The problem with this smoking room on the Victoria ( and I assume it's the same on QE ?) is that only in adverse weather conditions is cigarette smoking permitted. (there is clear signage when it is permitted and when it is not) ;)

What was the final outcome of this confrontation?

Pipe smoker here, Ventilation is amazing. Later in the evening it can become crowded. I have had the room to myself on many days