Fresh Blue Marlin and Pie Day —- life is good on the Eclipse

cruisestitch

Greetings

You are north of 8 degrees north latitude therefore you are in the North Atlantic.

Good Sailing

Tom

Definition The North Atlantic is the portion of the Atlantic Ocean which lies north of the Equator.

Geologically the Northern Atlantic is the area delimited to the south by two conjugate margins,

Newfoundland and Iberia, and to the north by the Arctic Eurasian Basin.

The opening of the Northern Atlantic closely followed the margins of its predecessor, the Iapetus Ocean,

and spread from the Central Atlantic in six stages: Iberia–Newfoundland, Porcupine–North America, Eurasia–Greenland,

Eurasia–North America. Active and inactive spreading systems in this area are marked by the interaction with the Iceland hotspot

I would beg to differ as sailing to the west of Barbados you would actually be in the Caribbean Sea which IMO is a far cry from sailing in the North Atlantic as in where the Titanic sank, as in where the Georges Bank is located. Would you say the Atlantic next to the Florida coast is considered the North Atlantic? Absurd.

Barbados Tourism states on its website:

So where is Barbados?

Well first off Barbados is an island nation located in the Caribbean. We're actually the easternmost island in the Caribbean and are in fact completely surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and not touched by the Caribbean Sea at all! With direct flights from Europe, North America and South America it's very easy to reach us.

The North/South Atlantic dividing line is sometimes viewed as being the equator, but more precisely the Equatorial Counter Current subdivides the Atlantic Ocean into the North Atlantic Ocean and the South Atlantic Ocean, at about 8°N as previously mentioned.

To answer your question, yes, I would say that "the Atlantic next to the Florida coast is considered the North Atlantic". No more absurd than Florida being in North America. :halo:

I hope they're serving it when I'm on board in a month.

I can't see how an International cruise corporation would knowingly serve fish which is illegally caught. What type of idiot company would open themselves up to such possible public outcry and scrutiny? Probably the "the sky is falling" group will jump on this bandwagon too.

Oh and another thing.

The International Hydrographic Organization defines the limits of the Caribbean Sea as follows:[4]

On the North. In the Windward Channel – a line joining Caleta Point (74°15′W) and Pearl Point (19°40′N) in Haïti. In the Mona Passage – a line joining Cape Engaño and the extreme of Agujereada (18°31′N 67°08′W) in Puerto Rico.

220px-Great_Blue_Hole.jpg

Eastern limits. From Point San Diego (Puerto Rico) Northward along the meridian thereof (65°39′W) to the 100-fathom line, thence Eastward and Southward, in such a manner that all islands, shoals and narrow waters of the Lesser Antillesare included in the Caribbean Sea as far as Galera Point (Northeast extremity of the island of Trinidad). From Galera Point through Trinidad to Galeota Point (Southeast extreme) and thence to Baja Point (9°32′N 61°0′W) in Venezuela.Note that, although Barbados is an island on the same continental shelf, it is considered to be in the Atlantic Ocean rather than the Caribbean Sea.

As I said as one sails west (continually) from Barbados one sails into the Caribbean Sea.

Can anyone dispute that? Don't think so.

I could be wrong but I’ve heard Eddy Jenkins is going on the Eclipse as CD soon. Fresh fish 🐟 looks delicious.

Can’t wait.

My wife and I both are very active. Yoga Zumba dancing.

I hope that they offer enough activities.

2 weeks without Zumba?

Lucy you got some explaining to do!

I would beg to differ as sailing to the west of Barbados you would actually be in the Caribbean Sea which IMO is a far cry from sailing in the North Atlantic as in where the Titanic sank, as in where the Georges Bank is located. Would you say the Atlantic next to the Florida coast is considered the North Atlantic? Absurd.

Greetings

Sorry, I was just going by the definition of the Atlantic Ocean.

The Caribbean Sea (Spanish: Mar Caribe; French: Mer des Caraïbes Dutch: Caraïbische Zee) is a sea of the Atlantic Ocean in the tropics of the Western Hemisphere.

The Atlantic Ocean occupies an elongated, S-shaped basin extending longitudinally between Eurasia and Africa to the east, and the Americas to the west. As one component of the interconnected global ocean, it is connected in the north to the Arctic Ocean, to the Pacific Ocean in the southwest, the Indian Ocean in the southeast, and the Southern Ocean in the south (other definitions describe the Atlantic as extending southward to Antarctica). The Equatorial Counter Current subdivides it into the North Atlantic Ocean and the South Atlantic Ocean at about 8°N.

Good Sailing

Tom

Steak pie, chicken pot pie, Guinness pie, potato & cheese pie, apple pie, cherry pie, blueberry streusel pie. And more.

Is pie day in the notices or do you have to check each day.

Food looks amazing!!!

Thanks for the pictures.

We, too, will be on the Eclipse in February and will definitely go to the Oceanview for lunch on the sea day after Barbados!

If you get a chance could you ask Sue if she knows who will replace her (or if we could possibly beg or bribe her to stay).

Also, is Captain Leo back?

Have a great cruise!

I think this might have gotten lost in the discussion of geography.

Thanks!

You are north of 8 degrees north latitude therefore you are in the North Atlantic.

Definition The North Atlantic is the portion of the Atlantic Ocean which lies north of the Equator.

Geologically the Northern Atlantic is the area delimited to the south by two conjugate margins,

Newfoundland and Iberia, and to the north by the Arctic Eurasian Basin.

The opening of the Northern Atlantic closely followed the margins of its predecessor, the Iapetus Ocean,

and spread from the Central Atlantic in six stages: Iberia–Newfoundland, Porcupine–North America, Eurasia–Greenland,

Eurasia–North America. Active and inactive spreading systems in this area are marked by the interaction with the Iceland hotspot

It seems likely, that since you two are so knowledgeable, you might be able to finally answer the most important questions of all time... how many angels can dance on the head of a pin... and... how much wood would a wood chuck chuck?

Pie day is listed in the Daily on the back page where the restaurant hours are posted. Otherwise no special notice.

Sue's replacement is Eddy Jenkins.

Captain Michael's replacement is Captain Leo.

Both start on the next cruise which commences on Sunday.

It seems likely, that since you two are so knowledgeable, you might be able to finally answer the most important questions of all time... how many angels can dance on the head of a pin... and... how much wood would a wood chuck chuck?

According to a Wall Street Journal article, New York State wildlife expert Richard Thomas found that a woodchuck could chuck around 35 cubic feet of dirt in the course of digging a burrow. Thomas reasoned that if a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck an amount equal to 700 pounds.

As for the angels, it is dependent upon the tune being played for the dance.

No I don't have the answer. I ask you an easier question Who came first the chicken or the egg?

Pie day is listed in the Daily on the back page where the restaurant hours are posted. Otherwise no special notice.

Sue's replacement is Eddy Jenkins.

Captain Michael's replacement is Captain Leo.

Both start on the next cruise which commences on Sunday.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll be on the Eclipse in May for the Ireland/Iceland/Scotland....any chance we'll have "pie day" then and is it lunch or dinner hours ?

This will be my first X cruise after 25+ on RCI....and this would definitely make me lean towards more X cruises :D