Which resort to pick for day pass from Montego Bay??

CruiseMomTX

We need help with resorts for day passes from Montego Bay, there are several offered and wondering if anyone has input/experience/pros/cons or their favorite choice on any of these. Any input or help appreciated.:cool:

1. Hilton Rose Hall

2. Grand Palladium

3. Sunscape Splash (pretty sure we went here when the kids were little and pool was the only good thing about it)

4. Royalton White Sands

5. Riu Montego Bay

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
We just did Sunscape on the 7th and had a great time.

There were numerous pools, a lazy river, beach, slides and non motorized water sports.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Do you remember how much?? I called them and they said $139 per adult... that seemed a bit steep so I was hoping to verify. TIA :D

• 3 weeks later...

We ended up going through Resort for a Day and booking Secrets Wild Orchid. Although rainy part of the time it was a nice day. My husband loved the jerk chicken from the guy that takes a cart/grill around but it seemed to run out quick and he wanted more. He will be happy to get more next month! They also have beef patties at the beach grill but other than that food was just so so. Drinks were ok to good. Pool was nice and beach looked ok but we just passed by and stayed at the pool. Apparently there was a foam party at the pool next door we missed out on too.

• 4 weeks later...

We just got back from our sailing on Harmony of the Seas. Our day in Jamaica was spent at the Hilton Rose Hall, which the four of us (mid 50s to mid 60s) enjoyed to the max. Service was impeccable, food and drink excellent. Make sure if you do this trip to find the Jerk Hut, out past the lazy river area!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

How did you guys get there? Was it an excursion, or did you take a cab? We will be there next week and looking for something close by the port to do.

We just got back from our sailing on Harmony of the Seas. Our day in Jamaica was spent at the Hilton Rose Hall, which the four of us (mid 50s to mid 60s) enjoyed to the max. Service was impeccable, food and drink excellent. Make sure if you do this trip to find the Jerk Hut, out past the lazy river area!

How did you guys get there? Was it an excursion, or did you take a cab? We will be there next week and looking for something close by the port to do.
We booked an excursion through jaital.com that included round trip transportation and the day passes.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a group aged 23 to 60. 10 of us. Reading all the information. When here yrs ago we went to a resort and drinks were watered down...very diappointed. Is hilton rose hall ok for the mid 20s? They dont have to have the "party scene".

Also there is a resort almost within walking distance (10 min) from the cruise port..cant remember which one. But i dont want to go back there. (Waterslides good, weak drinks, shells/rocky beach)

• 2 weeks later...
We have a group aged 23 to 60. 10 of us. Reading all the information. When here yrs ago we went to a resort and drinks were watered down...very diappointed. Is hilton rose hall ok for the mid 20s? They dont have to have the "party scene".

Also there is a resort almost within walking distance (10 min) from the cruise port..cant remember which one. But i dont want to go back there. (Waterslides good, weak drinks, shells/rocky beach)

That's the Royal White Sand, which cost about $110 to $120 for a day pass.. This is a really nice resort and very close to the cruise dock.

• 4 weeks later...

I've done both Sunscape and Hilton Rose Hall (both were booked through resortforaday website and included transportation.)

Sunscape was much less expensive, but you get what you pay for

Rose Hall was a long drive but the service was top notch and the grounds were impeccable.

I wish I could say the same about sunscape but the waterslide area grossed me out there. Also the food was not nearly as good nor were the drink choices as awesome at sunscape. I would go back to rose hall again in a heartbeat and my kids would love me for it.