Alaska cruise on the Solstice, Tracy Arm Fjord excursion

sksummers

We are booked on June 8, 2018 cruise on the Solstice. We would really like to do the Tracy Arm Fjord Glacier excursion, but do not see it on the the list of excursions for our curise. This is our first cruise on Celebrity. Do we book this from the Celebrity site or from the Excrusion site. Or I thought it might be like the Carnival cruise where that excursion only comes up in January before the cruise. Thanks for any help.

We are booked on June 8, 2018 cruise on the Solstice. We would really like to do the Tracy Arm Fjord Glacier excursion, but do not see it on the the list of excursions for our curise. This is our first cruise on Celebrity. Do we book this from the Celebrity site or from the Excrusion site. Or I thought it might be like the Carnival cruise where that excursion only comes up in January before the cruise. Thanks for any help.

The excursion will come up under your cruise when available. We booked directly through the ship.

We are booked on August 25th cruise and I had looked for it early (not sure how many months out) and it wasn't there. Contacted Allen Marine Tours via email and asked if I could book directly with them. Quick reply, no. Wait and it will show up under Juneau tours on website. It did, we booked, and I can not wait! Hope you find it eventually too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...

We are also booked on the June 8, 2018 Solstice cruise. I was wondering the same thing since I have a group of 7 that want to do the excursion. If I see it pop up, I will post on this board, so we can all book it.

Talk to you soon,

Lisa

We are also booked on the June 8, 2018 Solstice cruise. I was wondering the same thing since I have a group of 7 that want to do the excursion. If I see it pop up, I will post on this board, so we can all book it.

Talk to you soon,

Lisa

Hi Lisa. I called Celebrity a number of times and they gave me incorrect answers. The seats have been released to the Solstice they just have not put it on their system to book yet. I will book it when it pops up also, heard it's one of the first to sell out.

Hi Lisa. I called Celebrity a number of times and they gave me incorrect answers. The seats have been released to the Solstice they just have not put it on their system to book yet. I will book it when it pops up also, heard it's one of the first to sell out.

It seems that all of the other cruise lines have already released their Glacier cruise, but with the mess Celebrity's website is/was, I'll believe it when I see it.

I too, had called Celebrity, but the person I spoke with, relayed the same info I already knew. Hopefully we will all be able to get seats and have a blast together.

Thanks for the info.

:mad:This excursion just OPENED TODAY! I had contacted the shore ex dept several times and was assured that someone would let me know the date it would open. HA! No word. Just happened to get lucky today and booked for 3 for August 24th Solstice sailing. How incompetent the folks seem - tho' sooo sincere. And what an awful website. Celebrity should be ashamed!!!

We will be on the Solstice in August and will have my 85 year old mom with us. She’s a youthful 85 with no mobility issues. Is this the excursion that has high speed boat in the description? I’d like to book this but I’m wondering if it would be too much for her. TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be on the Solstice in August and will have my 85 year old mom with us. She’s a youthful 85 with no mobility issues. Is this the excursion that has high speed boat in the description? I’d like to book this but I’m wondering if it would be too much for her. TIA

This is a catamaran type boat that explores the fjord and glacier area. No high speed anything on this tour.

:mad:This excursion just OPENED TODAY! I had contacted the shore ex dept several times and was assured that someone would let me know the date it would open. HA! No word. Just happened to get lucky today and booked for 3 for August 24th Solstice sailing. How incompetent the folks seem - tho' sooo sincere. And what an awful website. Celebrity should be ashamed!!!

I agree.

The vendor was Allen Marine when we went, and AFAIK that is still the company providing this excursion for Celebrity, so you may want to contact them directly if you have further questions.

Here is a link:

Whale Watching & Wildlife Quest - Allen Marine Tours

But when you book it for a cruise, you don't get the "coach transfer" described on their web site. Instead their excursion boat pulls right up to the ship while it is stopped, in calm water at the entrance to Tracy Arm.

About the only challenging part may be stepping across from the ship's tender platform to board the excursion boat, like boarding a tender.

There will be crew members right there to assist her as she steps across.

If she has ever boarded a tender from a cruise ship, she will already be familiar with the procedure.

The excursion boat is much nicer, more spacious and comfortable than any tender. Once aboard, all your mom (or anyone else) needs to do is relax and enjoy the scenery and wildlife.

If she can climb stairs, she may want to go up to a higher deck, but if not, she can enjoy the experience just sitting down below.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcxMGMvyemnzbBTFvMbFsyYpWOGcC9s7AQPrZS1kkcsZOsng6z

If she enjoys boat rides and beautiful scenery, she will probably love it.

There is also a good likelihood of encountering whales on this excursion.

While many passengers do enjoy viewing Tracy Arm right from the cruise ship, the smaller excursion boat can get you in much closer to the shoreline, the waterfalls and the glaciers than a large cruise ship can. They try to get the excursion boat right up under at least one waterfall.

It is especially recommended to take the excursion if you go early in the season when there is still ice in the channel because of the likelihood that the large cruise ship may not be able to make it all the way up Tracy Arm, while the smaller excursion boat usually can.

Edited by varoo

The vendor was Allen Marine when we went, and AFAIK that is still the company providing this excursion for Celebrity, so you may want to contact them directly if you have further questions.

Here is a link:

Whale Watching & Wildlife Quest - Allen Marine Tours

But when you book it for a cruise, you don't get the "coach transfer" described on their web site. Instead their excursion boat pulls right up to the ship while it is stopped, in calm water at the entrance to Tracy Arm.

About the only challenging part may be stepping across from the ship's tender platform to board the excursion boat, like boarding a tender.

There will be crew members right there to assist her as she steps across.

If she has ever boarded a tender from a cruise ship, she will already be familiar with the procedure.

The excursion boat is much nicer, more spacious and comfortable than any tender. Once aboard, all your mom (or anyone else) needs to do is relax and enjoy the scenery and wildlife.

If she can climb stairs, she may want to go up to a higher deck, but if not, she can enjoy the experience just sitting down below.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcxMGMvyemnzbBTFvMbFsyYpWOGcC9s7AQPrZS1kkcsZOsng6z

If she enjoys boat rides and beautiful scenery, she will probably love it.

There is also a good likelihood of encountering whales on this excursion.

While many passengers do enjoy viewing Tracy Arm right from the cruise ship, the smaller excursion boat can get you in much closer to the shoreline, the waterfalls and the glaciers than a large cruise ship can. They try to get the excursion boat right up under at least one waterfall.

It is especially recommended to take the excursion if you go early in the season when there is still ice in the channel because of the likelihood that the large cruise ship may not be able to make it all the way up Tracy Arm, while the smaller excursion boat usually can.

Thank you! This is really helpful information. It’s our first time to Alaska, so I have no experience with any of the excursions.