Epic 2/3/18 partially chartered group may close Spice H20 for Super Bowl

lostone65

Couple of years ago, we where on the Epic leaving Barcelona the night of the World Cup Final and Spain were in the Final. The venues were at the max with no comfort , in the end we watched the Game in comfort in the Studio Lounge with a small crowd it was perfect.

Couple of years ago, we where on the Epic leaving Barcelona the night of the World Cup Final and Spain were in the Final. The venues were at the max with no comfort , in the end we watched the Game in comfort in the Studio Lounge with a small crowd it was perfect.

That is my worry since the Epic spaces are not very large. The Super Bowl and World Cup are perfect examples of large viewing audiences which is why a chartered group should not be allowed to block access to a venue during that time.

awesome thread thank you for posing this question lostone very helpful info. I'm in the same boat where I was worried if they were even going to show it given some other threads and posts. We will just have to keep our fingers crossed that they will compensate by showing the game every where else they can.

We were with this Irish group on the escape last year ( nice group of peeps). But I will say many, many pasengers weren't happy that a public space was closed off for a private event, specially during such a huge sporting event. And yes, for some of us, specially being Pats fans the super bowl is actually a big event that we like to watch together and not stuck in a cabin lol.

They did play the game on the pool deck on a huge screen and that opened up a lot of area for people which was nice.

We were on Escape for Super Bowl last year, watched Super Bowl the previous year in Spice H2O. When we went to Spice H2O last year to watch Pats v Falcons, closed for the Irish group. We instead watched at Skyline Bar, which was cool also. Don't know if Epic has Skyline, but I recommend that over OSheehans;. They had tailgate food and good bar servers on. We saw some of our bar tenders from Vibe working that room, so we never waited for drinks!. To be honest, that was the only time the Irish group was even noticed by us. But, Spice H2O was not marked Closed for Private function till that afternoon. We still had great viewing and fun, despite Tom Brady being the Devil.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Note: this post is purely meant to lower the tension and bring some levity to this thread

On my honeymoon cruise, a private group chartered a large chunk of the cruise ship. The main "sponsor" was www. b e a r f i l m s . com(***WARNING***NSFW***). It also happened to be during Halloween. No, there was no notice until we were on the ship. Turned out ok. It was quite interesting whenever an elevator would open its doors on Halloween though.

I was on the Escape last year when Spice H2O was closed for the Super Bowl. I will be on it again this year for the Super Bowl and I am beyond excited to hear that the Irish group has chosen a different ship this year!!!:D

Have fun, the Escape is my favorite ship! Was the Irish group a bad experience? I'm trying to keep an open mind but I am a little worried they will think they own the ship, the group is almost 600 people!

Note: this post is purely meant to lower the tension and bring some levity to this thread

On my honeymoon cruise, a private group chartered a large chunk of the cruise ship. The main "sponsor" was www. b e a r f i l m s . com(***WARNING***NSFW***). It also happened to be during Halloween. No, there was no notice until we were on the ship. Turned out ok. It was quite interesting whenever an elevator would open its doors on Halloween though.

I shouldn't have checked out that website! :eek: Yikes! Unfortunately I don't know what NSFW is, if I did I bet I would have known better than to check out the site. :')

Was the Irish group a bad experience? I'm trying to keep an open mind but I am a little worried they will think they own the ship, the group is almost 600 people!

Not at all! Very nice people of all ages. And honestly for the most part you don't even know there is a group until you're in an elevator with 5 of them and they are dressed like its St paddys day lol.

Have fun, the Escape is my favorite ship! Was the Irish group a bad experience? I'm trying to keep an open mind but I am a little worried they will think they own the ship, the group is almost 600 people!

The Irish group was a quiet, peaceful group. Really, 700 is not super noticeable among 4000. The most annoying part was that they shut down Spice H2O everyday at some point for a private party and then for the Super Bowl.

The Irish group was a quiet, peaceful group. Really, 700 is not super noticeable among 4000. The most annoying part was that they shut down Spice H2O everyday at some point for a private party and then for the Super Bowl.

Agreed. No issues except for the Super Bowl not being shown in Spice H2O. Trust me, the amount of Patriots fans far outnumbered the Irish group!