Aqua dining in BLU question...

dis2cruise

I find it very interesting that Celerity has a suite restaurant on every ship--even the old ones. RCL only has them on recent builds.

They took a section of the MDR and cordoned it off for the Suites. That's what they did on the M-Class ships when they added AQ and Blu. Originally, the Suites choice of dining was in the MDR.

What is a Blu breakfast like? Can you order most any common breakfast item you want each day or is the menu pretty limited. If limited, does it change each day?

You can get pretty much anything. Even off menu. I ask for yogurt in a separate bowl, fresh berries in a separate bowl, and granola in a separate bowl - and I mix myself. (I don't like the muesli cart). Any kind of egg. Pancakes (they're great). Cereals. Just ask. They like to accommodate.

In the evenings if you want a side of say broccoli, ask for it. Or whatever. They've got a lot of stuff in that kitchen. I've often asked for just a plain bowl of lettuce for my salad, and a vinaigrette. Nothing else. You can also order a main dish from an appetizer, or an appetizer size main dish, or a third main dish to share. Honestly, in both Blu and Luminae I've found them quite flexible and willing to bend over backwards.

I don't remember the Blu breakfast menu changing each day.

On Constellation last September. No muesli cart, nothing to suggest you could change anything, first breakfast dreadful, never went back again. Menus did not change. Concentration was on eggs and things like bacon, listed as a "side item". More than very, very slow.

Buffet not ideal having to find seating but far superior choice.

Incidentally BLU not up to much, as far as I am concerned for dinner. Because we were on M class we could order from the MDR and the best two meals had all cruise were from the MDR menu.

On Constellation last September. No muesli cart, nothing to suggest you could change anything, first breakfast dreadful, never went back again. Menus did not change. Concentration was on eggs and things like bacon, listed as a "side item". More than very, very slow.

Buffet not ideal having to find seating but far superior choice.

Incidentally BLU not up to much, as far as I am concerned for dinner. Because we were on M class we could order from the MDR and the best two meals had all cruise were from the MDR menu.

Breakfast in Blu was wonderful, just an FYI to previous poster, in the states it is standard for Bacon to be a side dish. Dinners were great, never ordered from MDR.

I have not been on Celebrity in about 2 years. Please tell me that they still serve table side muesli in Blu!!!

We were on Reflection last month and although I never ordered it so I don't know for sure, I never saw the cart at breakfast any day. The menu didn't seem to change but the choices were plentiful and they were very willing to make changes or special orders. Unlike a previous poster service was prompt. Coffee was immediately served when we sat down as were Joyce offerings and breakfast pastries while we looked over the menu. The dinners were very good as well and only one evening did we order from the daily standard three because we didn't find a choice we cared for.

Didn’t see the cart in Nov on Reflection, but IMO breakfast was great. Never got tired of the offerings. Hubby ordered feta, spinach, and jalapeño omelet most days and some of the ingredients were not options on the menu. So my suggestion, ask for what you want, if they cannot Supply, they will tell you. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did not go back because we usually had better things to do that sit around waiting for them to bring a poor breakfast.

Also bacon needed to be sidelined it was described as English back bacon, but if they served me what that turned out to be in the Uk it would have gone back.

Eggs are great except if you happen to have an allergy to them, as I do, so that much of the menu was useless.

Muesli was the worst i have ever been offered, like cold porridge with no extras. At least in the buffet I could help myself to what i presume would have been on the table side cart if there had been one.

Enjoyed the breakfasts in the buffet and the meals we had from MDR menu, but I asked myself why we had paid all that extra for what was so poor.

On M class ships the MDR and BLU share the same kitchen area, so the staff have no real problems getting meals, hence on Constellation in September we had MDR menus as well as BLU menus, but you had to ask for MDR.

I understand on S class the kitchens are far away from each other and then it is more unlikely that you can get MDR food in BLU.

We are big fans of Blu.

Our experience with breakfast has never been a disappointment. Selections were plentiful, food well prepared and service efficient.

We found dinner to be well executed with spot on service.

Our next three cruises are in AQ. I guess that says it all.

Didn’t see the cart in Nov on Reflection, but IMO breakfast was great. Never got tired of the offerings. Hubby ordered feta, spinach, and jalapeño omelet most days and some of the ingredients were not options on the menu. So my suggestion, ask for what you want, if they cannot Supply, they will tell you. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I eat regularly in the Hilton in London and if after ordering my steak I had to call the waiter back and tell him he had not asked how it was to be cooked, I would send for the General Manager. Even Beefeater restaurants on their surveys ask if any one has given outstanding service and tried to make your meal a more enjoyable experience.

But seemingly on Celebrity ships one has to ask for anything everything. I wonder why they bother with a menu?

Take the muesli. If they have things that can be added now they have done away with the table side cart, why are staff not trained and expected to say "We have.........that we can bring and add if you would like that, sir".

I go on holiday and especially a cruise to be looked after, I do not expect to have to know to ask for the sparkling rubbish that is supposed to be in my aqua cabin, I do not expect to be able to read beyond the menu to what they might have that one can have. I do expect good and attentive service and I did not find that at breakfast in BLU. And if you were served quickly I am pleased, but I have never waited as long as I did in BLU for a dreadful breakfast and I would not repeat it again on the boat and if someone ever persuaded me to book Celebrity again, I would not waste good money on Aqua class cabins.

So can you order from the MDR menu in Blu? I have read both that you can and you can't. Recent experiences?

On S-class ships, you can order the everyday or classic items. However, that is not the case for the nightly entrees in the MDR. If you want them, you need to dine in the MDR. I can see the point as the kitchens are a distance and also it further reduces staff in Blu.

Just a FYI. We were offered 50% off for Murano the first night since we were Aqua. We went there and avoided the whole first night chaos!

To avoid BLU 1st night on Infinity, we got an early MDR Select res....Had a great aft table, service and Pime Rib....then learned BLU would have served same Prime Rib if requested, not always possible.

BLU is still very good...a few new menu choices at dinner.