[B]Tips / Info / photos of the PG private motu on Bora Bora[B/]

Many times when you've looked at a printed brochure of Bora Bora you see the multi-colored lagoon, white sandy beaches and of course Mount Otemanu in the background. Most often the picture was taken from the vantage point of the PG private motu. The views are stunning and it is the perfect setting for how so many imagine the South Pacific looks like in their dreams.

The PG does offer some refreshments / snacks when you visit. There are usually some chips or similar finger food plus a basic bar of water, rum punch and beer. Nothing fancy but it keeps the hunger away and you hydrated. If you need something more ask the dining room staff if the kitchen can prepare a boxed lunch for you, make sure you ask the day before you go over to the motu. Remember there are no restroom facilities on the motu so plan accordingly.

The motu is less 'crowded' early as so many take excursions in the morning, return to the ship for a quick lunch and then head out to the motu. The morning typically is less windy, this is true everywhere in French Polynesia. The tender runs every hour usually starting around 10 am and the last tender back to the ship around 4 pm. Be prepared for a beach /lagoon landing, there is no wharf so you might need to get your feet wet. The tender ride over takes around 30 minutes but IMO most enjoyable as the views are ever-changing.

The beach does have some shade under trees but no chairs or tables. The crescent shaped beach has very shallow water far out so it is perfect for kids and you if you are the type that likes sitting in the water and relaxing. The best snorkeling with be on the east side on the motu (closest to the main island).

The motu ..... I've included the links to view the larger version of the picture.

Your transportation ....

bora%20bora%20tender%20next%20to%20ship%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/South-Pacific-Photography/i-zKNGmtd/0/56045c4d/X3/bora%20bora%20tender%20next%20to%20ship%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

The setting / view ....

bora%20bora%20motu%20beach2%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

bora%20bora%20motu%20beach2%20%281%20of%

Bora%20Bora%20Beach%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/South-Pacific-Photography/i-cF6btLW/0/857d5376/X3/Bora%20Bora%20Beach%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

The beach ...

bora%20bora2%20%281%20of%201%29-X2.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/South-Pacific-Photography/i-s2CrqH9/0/79fd1213/X2/bora%20bora2%20%281%20of%201%29-X2.jpg

The crescent shape ....

bora%20bora%20motu%20beach5%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/South-Pacific-Photography/i-gTcHmM9/0/c0d3a590/X3/bora%20bora%20motu%20beach5%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

A peek around the corner ...

bora%20bora%20pearl%20beach%20resort%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/South-Pacific-Photography/i-2ZtDF5w/0/a1430767/X3/bora%20bora%20pearl%20beach%20resort%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

Love these pictures, especially the "crescent beach" photo. I found Cobby and myself in the picture. Cobby is in the water taking a picture of me in your picture.

We are going back in August 2019 for our 50th Wedding Anniversary. We are already enjoying the planning. :-) Linda

• Haha 1

Love these pictures, especially the "crescent beach" photo. I found Cobby and myself in the picture. Cobby is in the water taking a picture of me in your picture.

We are going back in August 2019 for our 50th Wedding Anniversary. We are already enjoying the planning. :-) Linda

How fun .... I see you guys. I was careful not to make anyone recognizable by being really close but as it's you looking at you it's something that you can figure out .... hummmm..... I recognize someone else in this picture :0

Dee%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/South-Pacific-Photography/i-g4xsHwZ/0/eb94b2c1/X3/Dee%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

We hope to get back sometime over this year or next, we'll see what opportunities may arise ... hopefully :)

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Can you show a map of the area and where the best snorkeling is? I have been there 5 times and only find good snorkeling straight off the beach but the currents there can be very strong. Will be there in a week!

Great photos, can't wait to go there. I think we will do as you mentioned above and go after a quick lunch and our morning excursion with Pure Snorkeling.

I assume they will have a buffet open on board until 2 pm? Our Pure Snorkeling is over at around 12:30 pm back to the ship by tender, lunch around 1:30 and then catch the next tender to spend at least one hour at the Motu.

Have to see this Motu after your incredible photos!

Doug

Great photos, can't wait to go there. I think we will do as you mentioned above and go after a quick lunch and our morning excursion with Pure Snorkeling.

I assume they will have a buffet open on board until 2 pm? Our Pure Snorkeling is over at around 12:30 pm back to the ship by tender, lunch around 1:30 and then catch the next tender to spend at least one hour at the Motu.

Have to see this Motu after your incredible photos!

Doug

Absolutely well worth the effort ;)

• 9 months later...
On 1/3/2018 at 6:17 PM, macbest said:

Ugh. Can’t believe I missed it. Thanks. Will check it out this time! Assume currents there are not unwieldy?

On 1/4/2018 at 4:31 AM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Some currents depending on the time od day but not near as strong as the places you've already tried around the motu 😉