Missed departure

Deering

We missed our ship in San Juan on Sunday due to cancelled flights in Boston. Now trying to catch it at another port. The ship is set to leave port at 5pm, our plane arrives at 3:30 the airport is only five minutes away, ship is aware we are coming..... Are we going to make it. Anyone have this experience..?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Given the circumstances and if as you say the ship knows you are coming, if the flight is on time and you are able to get your luggage and a cab without delay I would think you should be able to make it.

I would think that the cruise line / ship might notify the port agent of your situation and they may be able to help expedite your transfer to the ship after you land. Maybe contact the cruise line to check.

Just curious, what island are you flying into?

Would help if you can carry on or gate check all luggage.

Not likely unless all they need for the cruise will fit in one small carry on and a second personal item for each passenger and that is what they packed originally - or have since had a chance to repack into. The airlines will not let you get through security or to the gate to gate check with large pieces of luggage.

Given the circumstances and if as you say the ship knows you are coming, if the flight is on time and you are able to get your luggage and a cab without delay I would think you should be able to make it.

I would think that the cruise line / ship might notify the port agent of your situation and they may be able to help expedite your transfer to the ship after you land. Maybe contact the cruise line to check.

Just curious, what island are you flying into?

You make me feel better.... That's what I'm thinking. I have seen stragglers 30min before departure

Flying into Antigua with only carry-on luggage

Good Luck. Hope you make it If you received permission from the cr uised line by e-mail. Ber sure to print and carrry the e-mail with you to show if neded when you try to enter the port area. You mus gt have permission orr be on thei manifegt or could have trouble going to the gangway.

Lert us know how i it goes. Hope you make it. There are still people at Boston's Logan that have not yet gotten a flight out..

Not likely unless all they need for the cruise will fit in one small carry on and a second personal item for each passenger and that is what they packed originally - or have since had a chance to repack into. The airlines will not let you get through security or to the gate to gate check with large pieces of luggage.

I retract my comments as the OP has confirmed carry on only.

:confused: Then why were you not in San Juan? The airports in thte northeast were not closed days in advance of the storm

From where were you flying?

Didn't the storm hit Boston on Thurs? That would have certainly impacted their departure.

deleted comment as I am unable to tell from the OPs statement

Lol I had 3 days earlier booked to explore San Juan

whether their three days pre cruise was previously cancelled due to hurricane damage (my initial thought) or they spent all of those three days snowed in at home

:confused: Then why were you not in San Juan? The airports in thte northeast were not closed days in advance of the storm

From where were you flying?

As luck or lack of, our flight was Seattle to Boston to San Juan. Which was delayed In Seattle, delayed then cancelled in Boston. The earliest that airline could do was rebook on 13 Jan. Only available flight was 4.30pm Tampa on the 7 Jan. Ship sailed at 9pm on that day. No flights available for st Thomas. Earliest was Orlando to Miami to Antigua.

Rented a car drove to Orlando now waiting to fly. Its been a long haul.....