Aqua dining in BLU question...

dis2cruise

Sometimes.

We were randomly seated most cruises, the last one they put us in the same team's section every night (but not the same table, it depended on when you arrived) and we liked that a lot.

Breakfast we've always just been seated depending on arrival time.

This will be our 8th time in BLU. (Sunday on Silhouette). Hope you love it as much as we do. Breakfast is 7:30-9 on port days, 8-9:30 on sea days. It opens at 5:45 for dinner. Open until 9:30 I believe, but we never eat that late.

It is open seating, but if in the first few night you grow to love your initial waiter (as we often do) the host will try to get you to his/her table. If you are in a larger party it is more likely you'll be able to enjoy a consistent spot most nights, especially if you arrive at the same time each night.

On a Caribbean itinerary it's really no big deal to eat dinner by the window as it is dark quite early. Hope this helps.

They'll try to seat you with the same wait staff. I think that they realize that many passengers choose to tip additionally for excellent service and if they consistently seat you with a particular staff you are more inclined to do so. Of course it is optional.

Sometimes.

We were randomly seated most cruises, the last one they put us in the same team's section every night (but not the same table, it depended on when you arrived) and we liked that a lot.

Breakfast we've always just been seated depending on arrival time.

We have four sailings in AQ and our experience has been the same as described by Warmwinds.

Have been in Blu for more than 30 cruises and here's what I've experienced. We will usually get the same table for two near the pillar, but not always. Technically Blu is "first come, first served", but it really depends on the Maitre d' and Hostess to make exceptions and hold a table I know most of the key people and can tell you that they are not uniform in applying the rules. The tables near the windows usually go first. Be there early and you have an excellent chance of sitting where you desire. Blu often opens at 6:00pm, but on crowded cruises usually opens at 5:45pm. I've been on one cruise where Blu opened at 5:50 pm.

We have only dined in blu on one cruise but will be there again this Sunday on the Silhouette. Our (limited) experience was that getting the same table and/or the same wait staff for dinner was optional/not guaranteed but in our case, we got the same table and wait staff each time. All we did was mention to the host on our 1st night that we loved the table and the staff and it was always open whenever we showed up. I'm not banking on that this time but in my experience they do try to accommodate you.

For breakfast, it felt like it was pretty random and we never did ask for a specific table etc. We just sat wherever they put us!

On Reflection last month we came anywhere from 6:00 to 8:30. The hostess always offered to seat us with the same server. The only time we didn't was one evening when we didn't want to wait for a table. (The only evening with a wait we experienced was under 5 minutes).

On embarkation day you'll receive a card from the Blu maître d with a dining time for the first night only. Since this is your first time in Blu, be aware that the time is a suggestion only and you can go when you want if it's not to your liking. Enjoy.

What is a Blu breakfast like? Can you order most any common breakfast item you want each day or is the menu pretty limited. If limited, does it change each day?

We found it limited and does not change.

Also we were sat at a different table each night, never asked if we wanted to sit in same place, often not able to do so because others sat there.

We are meh about attending shows so if we want to avoid the evening rush and not have to wait, when is a good time to show up at Blu? Also, if we eat later, do they occasionally run out of some items?

We have found there is often a que at 7:00 ish. We tend to eat around 6:15-6:30 and have no problem. If you arrive at a consistent time you are more likely to get the wait staff you want. We too do not atttend many shows.

We are meh about attending shows so if we want to avoid the evening rush and not have to wait, when is a good time to show up at Blu? Also, if we eat later, do they occasionally run out of some items?

What ship? We were on Reflection last month. We went to do near anywhere from 6:30 to 8:00. We had the same wait staff each evening and only had to wait once and that was less than 5 minutes. They never ran out of anything.

What ship? We were on Reflection last month. We went to do near anywhere from 6:30 to 8:00. We had the same wait staff each evening and only had to wait once and that was less than 5 minutes. They never ran out of anything.

Equinox.

Reading across a number of posts about this, I get the feeling that the biggest "line hold-up" sounds like it happens on the first evening, embarkation, and seems to be earlier in the evening - like everyone is excited and shows up at the same time, early as possible, plus half the people that should be in Luminae, LOL. It also sounds like real prolonged waits are uncommon, and that sounds great, we are on vacation, time for another drink or a bit of people watching.

The older I get, the crankier I get about time changes, so I'm good with eating at 8 pm, because that is actually 7 or even 6 to me, but I need to then stay up until midnight, so lots of Silent Disco for me!

DH and I are those throwback people that don't get the obsession with select or anytime dining, having the same waitstaff is important to us, and while we can roll with eating at a different time as necessary, we would rather wait a little or show up at a different time if that means we get the same waitstaff.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Equinox.

Reading across a number of posts about this, I get the feeling that the biggest "line hold-up" sounds like it happens on the first evening, embarkation, and seems to be earlier in the evening - like everyone is excited and shows up at the same time, early as possible, plus half the people that should be in Luminae, LOL. It also sounds like real prolonged waits are uncommon, and that sounds great, we are on vacation, time for another drink or a bit of people watching.

The older I get, the crankier I get about time changes, so I'm good with eating at 8 pm, because that is actually 7 or even 6 to me, but I need to then stay up until midnight, so lots of Silent Disco for me!

DH and I are those throwback people that don't get the obsession with select or anytime dining, having the same waitstaff is important to us, and while we can roll with eating at a different time as necessary, we would rather wait a little or show up at a different time if that means we get the same waitstaff.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Just a FYI. We were offered 50% off for Murano the first night since we were Aqua. We went there and avoided the whole first night chaos!

Yep, I think we may try for Murano first night. Where was the person stationed who gave you that offer?

We were originally booked Concierge, and had already booked Murano for 2nd chic night, then bumped up to Aqua after the Black Friday sale. So instead of cancelling Murano, after reading this forum, we're planning to wait until we get aboard and see what kind of special we can get for first night. If we can get a discount, we will likely take that and cancel our Thursday Murano reservation.

Just a FYI. We were offered 50% off for Murano the first night since we were Aqua. We went there and avoided the whole first night chaos!

Was that on the equinox that you received the 50% off the first night? We were hoping to get 50% off silk harvest the first night and are also aqua. How did you go about doing that? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, I think we may try for Murano first night. Where was the person stationed who gave you that offer?

We were originally booked Concierge, and had already booked Murano for 2nd chic night, then bumped up to Aqua after the Black Friday sale. So instead of cancelling Murano, after reading this forum, we're planning to wait until we get aboard and see what kind of special we can get for first night. If we can get a discount, we will likely take that and cancel our Thursday Murano reservation.

Also, you will have an envelope in your stateroom explaining Blu. Last time we were in Blu there was a slip of paper in the envelope with the discount for Murano, could easily miss it.

It was on Reflection. We were walking by the Gelateria on embarkation day and I happened to be holding my Aqua Class seapass card in my hand. The young woman working there noticed it and made the offer. She worked in Murano at night. We said okay and she made the reservation for us.

We also avoid Blu on the first night. It had been chaotic for us. Some cruisers get turned off after their first night experience. We typically get 30-50% off the first night for Specialty restaurants but it can vary based on supply and demand. Service and food do get better after the 2nd night in Blu.