Non Alcoholic Beverages/Possible Dress Code Wording Change

Bashtor

Good evening,

If this has been mentioned and I missed it, I apologize in advance. Hoping someone that recently was on a Celebrity cruise can clarify this for me. We have a cruise on June 10 of this year on Infinity to Alaska and have been going through the FAQs on Celebrity. On the list of prohibited items, it seems non-alcoholic beverages have been added to prohibited items to bring on board. I see a lot of previous cruisers telling people they can bring soda and water on board with their checked items, but I'm 90% sure this is a recent change (don't remember it saying that late last year). Due to that, I'm curious if anyone has brought anything on recently. It also seems they may of changed the wording of the dress code a little (maybe due to the sleeve incident I read about in another thread). Not a huge deal, but interesting. I have pasted both below if anyone wants to view it. Thanks!

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles & Incense
  • Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • **Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages

Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

From Celebrity's FAQ page the OP copied and pasted from concerning **Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages...

**Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Nobody has reported that his water being confiscated.

For dress code this is printed on the Dailies:

25508001_2008443299398464_679900297390930636_n.jpg?oh=3f736075a0951570a37a916c9d404aac&oe=5AB09DA5

We have had two long threads on the wording in the dailies. First, it is only on a couple of the ships. Second, it is a violation of Celebriity's written policy, third, no one has reported it is being enforced.

Be interested to see moving forward what the non alcoholic part of that phrase means as this is apparently new.

For dress code this is printed on the Dailies:

25508001_2008443299398464_679900297390930636_n.jpg?oh=3f736075a0951570a37a916c9d404aac&oe=5AB09DA5

I've read the post on the ships dailies not matching Celebrity's online policy with the sleeve interpretation. That's why I found it interesting that the wording changed on the website to take out the reference to sleeves. Makes me wonder if the ships were interpreting "sleeves" differently then HQ intended, so they took sleeves out all together (pure speculation on my part). Honestly, the dress code part wasn't a huge concern for me, just found in interesting that they changed the wording seeing the debate on what it meant has been out there.

More concerned on how the non-alcoholic beverage addition might possibly affect some.

Brian

Edited by Bashtor
Editing

I've read the post on the ships dailies not matching Celebrity's online policy with the sleeve interpretation. That's why I found it interesting that the wording changed on the website to take out the reference to sleeves. Makes me wonder if the ships were interpreting "sleeves" differently then HQ intended, so they took sleeves out all together (pure speculation on my part). Honestly, the dress code part wasn't a huge concern for me, just found in interesting that they changed the wording seeing the debate on what it meant has been out there.

Brian

That was a good catch on both parts, the shirts and beverages.

More concerned on how the non-alcoholic beverage addition might possibly affect some.

Brian

I think the blurb in the Daily is an error. The sign outside the MDR matches the dress code on the website. There is no mention of long sleeves for men on the website or the sign. My husband and son wore short sleeved guayaberas with nice slacks on chic night. There were no issues.

I'm curious about the non-alcohol thing, though. With many passengers having drink packages, Celebrity has nothing to gain from preventing passengers from bringing water or soda. If they have changed the policy on bringing cases of soft drinks on board, they are going to have to confiscate and dispose of a lot of beverages.

Edited by Marelaine

You are still allowed to bring two 750 ml bottles of wine (per stateroom) onboard at the time of your initial embarkation. You can't bring alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages onboard at your ports of call.

Edited by davekathy

You are still allowed to bring two 750 ml bottles of wine (per stateroom) onboard at the time of your initial embarkation. You can't bring alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages onboard at your ports of call.

You had it right in Post # 4. You CAN bring alcoholic beverages onboard at ports of call, but they will be held and returned to you on the day before final debarkation.

You had it right in Post # 4. You CAN bring alcoholic beverages onboard at ports of call, but they will be held and returned to you on the day before final debarkation.

...and post #9 is correct concerning the wine. Yea the last sentence I shouldn't have said "can't bring". I stand corrected there.

The dress code wording on the website has been like this for ages. As mentioned earlier, some ships seem to have adopted a slightly different dress code for their dailies that is somewhat contrary to the corporate position.

The dress code wording on the website has been like this for ages. As mentioned earlier, some ships seem to have adopted a slightly different dress code for their dailies that is somewhat contrary to the corporate position.

Which is wrong and doesn't apply to us as far as I'm concerned.

Not saying you are wrong, but I could of swore sleeves were specifically mentioned in the wording before, which they are not now. Maybe I am misremembering and, if so, I apologize. Anyway, not trying to start another debate on the dress code over a potential word change.

So, am I understanding they never were supposed to be allowing non-alcoholic beverages being brought on board? I find that odd as it wasn't on the list as of late last year (certainly doesn't mean that wasn't company policy with no enforcement, of course).

Thanks,

Brian

So, am I understanding they never were supposed to be allowing non-alcoholic beverages being brought on board? I find that odd as it wasn't on the list as of late last year (certainly doesn't mean that wasn't company policy with no enforcement, of course).

Thanks,

Brian

Go straight to the horse's mouth and phone Celebrity and ask.

We live in a dynamic world and things change overnight.

We got off Eclipse on 10 Dec. DH wore a short sleeved, open collar aloha shirt except for chic nights. I saw the long-sleeved shirt blurb in daily & asked the maitre d. He said it was a misprint that hasn’t been corrected. We brought a six pack of Diet Pepsi at embarkation (Celebrity only carries Coke products)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got off Eclipse on 10 Dec. DH wore a short sleeved, open collar aloha shirt except for chic nights. I saw the long-sleeved shirt blurb in daily & asked the maitre d. He said it was a misprint that hasn’t been corrected. We brought a six pack of Diet Pepsi at embarkation (Celebrity only carries Coke products)

Thank you, Awhfy.

We sailed on the Reflection last month and walked right onboard carrying four large bottles of Mr. & Mrs. T's Bloody Mary Mix and Diet Tonic Water no problem. And we also didn't have any problems getting Tito's to go so we could mix drinks in the room to enjoy on the verandah.

Just called Captain's Club directly to get a clarification on the ability to bring non-alcoholic beverages on board at embarcation. She said there had been a slight change in April of 2017. (She read this word for word from their information)You may bring any non-alcoholic beverages on board at embarcation, as long as you HAND CARRY them. The hand carry, she said, was in bold. (Perhaps the hand carry part was the change). So I guess 10 cases of water on a dolly is out of the question:D But any reasonable amount, of any brand, is perfectly fine. We can put that worry to rest.