Fresh Blue Marlin and Pie Day —- life is good on the Eclipse

cruisestitch

They are cutting it into fillets and grilling them....in the aft section of Oceanview Cafe. They brought them in board in Barbados Yesterday (the fish, not the pies)

Thanks for the tip, we will be on board March18, definitely the day at sea after Barbados we will go to lunch at the OVC.

Seems like sales only banned in USA. Guess sales in other countries are ok.

It’s not really sales that should be considered but catches of the fish. Blue marlin are one of the numerous highly migratory fish species found in the oceans, and like tunas, swordfish and other billfish can be severely depleted if not ‘managed’ properly. The last international assessment of blue marlin in the Atlantic was carried out in 2011 by scientists from member countries of ICCAT (International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas). They determined that the stock remained overfished. The next assessment is due this year I believe. Countries such as the USA and Canada have implemented measures to protect the stock, but not every country has. I’ll get off my high horse now!!

We have cruised Eclipse twice this year and Oceanview really seemed to be trying hard with ‘specials’. Fresh Sardines were on offer from Lisbon and we also had a ‘curry special’ day....On longer cruises I think these little extras are much appreciated, especially by the ‘regulars’...only snag we had with the Oceanview at lunch was the temptation to eat too much!

Have not forgotten pie day on the Eclipse. Amazing. Have been on the Infinity the last two times. They have never heard of pie day nor anything else that resembles as variety in good food. The worst food we have had. Will never sail Infinity no matter what the itinerary is. Too bad food is so different from ship to ship. You can also not count on anything staying the same. If the chef is changed or other staff, there goes pie day and anything else you may have enjoyed.

So enjoy it while you can.

Have not forgotten pie day on the Eclipse. Amazing. Have been on the Infinity the last two times. They have never heard of pie day nor anything else that resembles as variety in good food. The worst food we have had. Will never sail Infinity no matter what the itinerary is. Too bad food is so different from ship to ship. You can also not count on anything staying the same. If the chef is changed or other staff, there goes pie day and anything else you may have enjoyed.

So enjoy it while you can.

Even if the Eclipse chef transfers to Infinity?

Going on the Eclipse in February.

We will definitely scout out the fresh fish. I’ll chat up the chefs.

Pies look great.

Metabolism stinks as we age. So we both try to eat healthy. Of course that being within reason as the temptations on a Celebrity cruise ship are everywhere.

We usually enjoyed the aqua spa cafe in the solarium for grilled fish. But we’ve heard that has changed to small plates.

Cheers.

Food looks amazing!!!

Thanks for the pictures.

We, too, will be on the Eclipse in February and will definitely go to the Oceanview for lunch on the sea day after Barbados!

If you get a chance could you ask Sue if she knows who will replace her (or if we could possibly beg or bribe her to stay).

Also, is Captain Leo back?

Have a great cruise!

Greetings

You are north of 8 degrees north latitude therefore you are in the North Atlantic.

Good Sailing

Tom

I would beg to differ as sailing to the west of Barbados you would actually be in the Caribbean Sea which IMO is a far cry from sailing in the North Atlantic as in where the Titanic sank, as in where the Georges Bank is located. Would you say the Atlantic next to the Florida coast is considered the North Atlantic? Absurd.