Perks Question

Living4acruise2day

Good morning. I hope someone can answer my question. There is a cruise that we are looking at. It is offered this year and next year for the same approximate time. The price is almost the same for 2018 and 2019. We are unable to go this year, but they are offering 2 perks. The one for next year is only offering 1 perk. If, by chance they have a sale offering 2 perks after I book, will I be entitled to it? Thank you for any info.

If you purchase with one perk and later they offer 2 perks for booking you would have to have your booking repriced. So if the price of the cabin is more expensive than when you booked you would have to pay the higher fare to get both perks.

Usually, if the pricing must be the same or lower, you will be able to 'upgrade'.

bon voyage

I recently called X and asked the same question. When I booked a few months ago I had a choice of one perk...recently they were offering a choice of two...however my total cruise price would have gone up approx $400.00...so no thanks.

I recently called X and asked the same question. When I booked a few months ago I had a choice of one perk...recently they were offering a choice of two...however my total cruise price would have gone up approx $400.00...so no thanks.
Prices are always in Flux, so check from time to time and you may luck out.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Agree with the others. We booked our next cruise at a great price with 1 perk. Since we booked the ‘2 perk’ sale has come and gone a couple times; but the price has never been close to where we booked. We decided to stay w the lower price and 1 perk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had the same happen to me last year. I chose to cancel my reservation (prior to final payment) and rebook getting all 4 perks for a suite vs the 1 perk I had when I originally booked.

When you cancel your room will show up again in approx. 20 minutes and you can then grab the same room.

I had the same happen to me last year. I chose to cancel my reservation (prior to final payment) and rebook getting all 4 perks for a suite vs the 1 perk I had when I originally booked.

When you cancel your room will show up again in approx. 20 minutes and you can then grab the same room.

In most cases there is no need to cancel - just have it repriced with the current perks

It is always interesting. We booked our Silhouette cruise while on board the Infinity, with 2 perks (we chose Classic drinks and $150 OBC). I always continue to check the website, and I found what appeared to be a reduction in rates, so contacted our TA. He verified that indeed the rates went down. We chose to upgrade to a veranda from an ocean-view for the same price. The perks transferred. Lately we have been seeing some "sales", however when I mock-book, the end-rate always goes up. It doesn't always work, but is certainly worth a few minutes now and then to check.

Do both passengers in the same cabin have to pick the same perk or it can be different of each person?

Same, as the Perks are per cabin. There are exceptions made, from time to time, once on board concerning the beverage package, as I understand it.

bon voyage

Same, as the Perks are per cabin. There are exceptions made, from time to time, once on board concerning the beverage package, as I understand it.

bon voyage

Yes, that is my concern. I pick the classical beverage package perk. It seems to be the most valuable perk for adult. I don't know what my daughter can get: the classical non alcohol or the premium non alcohol package? Both of them are less expensive than the classical drinking package

It's important to remember that perks aren't free. They are always factored into the price of the cruise fare somehow. Often times an entry level suite (sky suite) isn't much more that Aqua or Concierge and as part of the "suite life" includes all 4 perks.

This is a game that cruise lines play all the time, periodically changing their exciting new special offers as incentives for passengers to book more cruises.

Hurry and book now because this special deal won't be available much longer.

Then there will be a new special offer that comes with "free" extra perks, but they don't advertise that they raise the prices when they increase the perks.

After that, the next special promotion will be for "reduced prices" without mentioning that they also reduce the perks.

And so it goes.

But every now and then, especially if a cruise is not selling well, they really will offer some good deals to sell off the remaining cabins.

Typically they will offer lower prices to those who qualify for special category pricing, in order to avoid needing to lower the prices advertised to the general public.

Many of those special low prices come without any perks.

Then there is the bait of non-refundable onboard credit.

Whoever thought that one up was a marketing genius. Many passengers think of it as real money.

(Oh, this cruise is not really costing us $4000 because they are giving us $1000 of OBC, so we are really getting the cruise for only $3000, a real bargain.) :evilsmile:

That can work in your favor if there is something on the ship that you really want to buy and would buy anyway.

But most times that is how we end up buying a lot of stuff that we don't really want or need; things that we would never buy otherwise.

The merchants on the ships love it.

We, and many others, have purchased the ship's shore excursions with non-refundable OBC in places where we would have otherwise booked independent excursions, or rented a car and gone off on our own.

Edited by fleckle

I asked the same question when I called yesterday to confirm the beverage package was added to our booking (why doesn't the website display this??) and was told by the young lady assisting me that "In that case, Celebrity will take care of you."

I don't know what that means, but if two perks were offered for free for my sailing a year from now when I only received one when booking, then I would like the extra perk added gratis.

I asked the same question when I called yesterday to confirm the beverage package was added to our booking (why doesn't the website display this??) and was told by the young lady assisting me that "In that case, Celebrity will take care of you."

I don't know what that means, but if two perks were offered for free for my sailing a year from now when I only received one when booking, then I would like the extra perk added gratis.

Obviously you would love the extra perk gratis, but why would you expect it without paying the then current price that goes along with the then current extra perk?

Make sure you are happy with what you are getting for the price when you make your initial purchase so that your buyer's remorse will be minimized. :)

Obviously you would love the extra perk gratis, but why would you expect it without paying the then current price that goes along with the then current extra perk?

Make sure you are happy with what you are getting for the price when you make your initial purchase so that your buyer's remorse will be minimized. :)

If ceteris paribus a year from now then, yes, we should be equally compensated. We chose the beverage package perk for our 12-night sailing as this offers the most bang for our buck.

No buyer's remorse here.

Yes, that is my concern. I pick the classical beverage package perk. It seems to be the most valuable perk for adult. I don't know what my daughter can get: the classical non alcohol or the premium non alcohol package? Both of them are less expensive than the classical drinking package
She should have been given a non-alcohol package automatically, if not, then you can address that once on-board with no problem.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk