What am I doing wrong?

pennys mum

I have an Aqua cabin booked for September. My daughter really wants to try a suite. Looked on website and difference is

£2050 total. Asked if we could upgrade. Yes but it will be £1650 per person as buy one get half off does not apply to existing bookings. Have seen on this forum that people upgrade regularly. Am in the UK so don't know if this makes a difference. Any advice gratefully received.

Many promotions are only for new bookings. We have upgraded a number of times but in order to upgrade we have paid the difference between what we paid originally and the price of the higher category stateroom. Sometime the difference is only a few $ other times it has been much more.

You may want to check after final payment as occasionally prices drop if there are ancellations,

Being in the UK and booking there is a big negative when it come s to price drops and upgrades. With a US booking you usually do it easily before final payment and even after final payment we have been able to get some nice upgrades when prices drop before departure....We have cousins in the UK and even on the same sailing as us they were unable to get the upgrade we got because they booked with a UK agent.

I have an Aqua cabin booked for September. My daughter really wants to try a suite. Looked on website and difference is

£2050 total. Asked if we could upgrade. Yes but it will be £1650 per person as buy one get half off does not apply to existing bookings. Have seen on this forum that people upgrade regularly. Am in the UK so don't know if this makes a difference. Any advice gratefully received.

If you are Elite or above you can get one free change to a booking (full cruise, room, date....). If you are not a change costs £75 each for the first two guest.

So my advice is phone and don’t say you want to upgrade but make a change to your booking they may either do it for free or charge the £150.

I honestly don’t know if this will work but it may be worth a try....worse case scenario is they still won’t do it!

Re suite cruising....I totally respect the view of Champagne123...some guests really don’t want or need the suite and suite perks, however, we love the very sweet, suite life on Celebrity and recommend you give it a try!

We made elite status on our last cruise. Have never changed a booking before so expected

Just to pay the difference not an extra £1500. I considered cancelling and rebooking but the flight prices have gone up (all booked through celebrity) so not going to save very much doing this.

We made elite status on our last cruise. Have never changed a booking before so expected

Just to pay the difference not an extra £1500. I considered cancelling and rebooking but the flight prices have gone up (all booked through celebrity) so not going to save very much doing this.

Were you comparing the difference between the current prices of your Aqua-class room and a suite? If so, that is where you have gone astray. You should be able to upgrade for the difference between your original price and the current price of a suite.

There is a long time until September. Just keep checking the prices and keep your fingers crossed. Unfortunately, in my experience, suite prices do not go down very often. The best price is very often when the cruise is first release (up to 2 years in advance). Why don't you suggest to your daughter that you will book a suite for your next cruise and book as early as possible.

Hi Mum,

Can you cancel and rebook, or is it too late?

Ira

The OP is from the UK. Different rules there and most other countries in Europe.

We can´t just cancel without loosing the deposit (which is much higher than in the US).

Prices can not just be adjusted etc. etc.

Once you are committed it is very hard to change anything.

The OP is from the UK. Different rules there and most other countries in Europe.

We can´t just cancel without loosing the deposit (which is much higher than in the US).

Prices can not just be adjusted etc. etc.

Once you are committed it is very hard to change anything.

Actually, depending on your room category, we pay much lower deposits than those in the Americas.

Were you comparing the difference between the current prices of your Aqua-class room and a suite? If so, that is where you have gone astray. You should be able to upgrade for the difference between your original price and the current price of a suite.

Good point.

There is a long time until September. Just keep checking the prices and keep your fingers crossed. Unfortunately, in my experience, suite prices do not go down very often. The best price is very often when the cruise is first release (up to 2 years in advance). Why don't you suggest to your daughter that you will book a suite for your next cruise and book as early as possible.

No I was comparing the price on the invoice versus new suite price. The price we paid for our cabin is less than current offer. The current suite price is a lot less than when we booked so in this case we should have waited.

No I was comparing the price on the invoice versus new suite price. The price we paid for our cabin is less than current offer. The current suite price is a lot less than when we booked so in this case we should have waited.

If that is the case, hang on until the current new bookings only offer ends and see what the situation is then. Often the price difference between "special offers" and the standard price (before and after the offer) is not very different. If there are still plenty of suites available, you may still be able to snag one.

Good luck.

Actually, depending on your room category, we pay much lower deposits than those in the Americas.

I don’t know about you, but we pay 10% of the full price as a deposit when booking or transfering a reservation to Germany. Regardless if booked on board (where low deposits are advertised) or anywhere else. Plus, virtually nothing is flexible. No changes, price adjustments etc. without loosing the full 10%. Only rare exceptions.

I don’t know about you, but we pay 10% of the full price as a deposit when booking or transfering a reservation to Germany. Regardless if booked on board (where low deposits are advertised) or anywhere else. Plus, virtually nothing is flexible. No changes, price adjustments etc. without loosing the full 10%. Only rare exceptions.

Almost without exception, I pay £150 deposit, which we loose if we cancel. However, being Elite, we can transfer a booking ONCE.

I have never been in Aqua ( we book balcony cabins) but I imagine you choose Aqua for the separate dining room. It might be worth thinking if you want to loose that perk.

Almost without exception, I pay £150 deposit, which we loose if we cancel. However, being Elite, we can transfer a booking ONCE.

I have never been in Aqua ( we book balcony cabins) but I imagine you choose Aqua for the separate dining room. It might be worth thinking if you want to loose that perk.

Suite guests also have a separate dining room - Luminae.

We (in UK) also only pay £150 per person regardless of the room category or price unless we book on board when the deposit is usually lower. In the US, there are different deposits for different room categories and, I believe now, whether or not you choose to have a refundable or non-refundable deposit.