Paying for excursions through Celebrity

Warm Weather Fan

Hi,

We are on the Millenium in June have booked most of our excursions by ourselves, but think we will do the one out of Seward through Celebrity which includes the boat trip in Kenai and then transportation to Anchorage. It seems "the path of least resistance" since I imagine they take our luggage and we don't have to drag it around but get reunited with it in Anchorage. Am I correct in thinking that? In terms of booking excursions through the cruise line, is there a way just to make a reservation to hold the spot, or do we need to give them our credit card and does that get charged right away?

Thanks!

Hi,

We are on the Millenium in June have booked most of our excursions by ourselves, but think we will do the one out of Seward through Celebrity which includes the boat trip in Kenai and then transportation to Anchorage. It seems "the path of least resistance" since I imagine they take our luggage and we don't have to drag it around but get reunited with it in Anchorage. Am I correct in thinking that? In terms of booking excursions through the cruise line, is there a way just to make a reservation to hold the spot, or do we need to give them our credit card and does that get charged right away?

Thanks!

Your guess is probably right.

Hi,

Thanks!

Many years ago you could make a reservation for an excursion in advance of the cruise. Upon boarding it would be charged to your ship-board account unless you canceled it a day or two prior to the excursion. The current policy does not allow a reservation without a financial commitment.

It does allow you to book an excursion online prior to boarding using either OBC or a credit card - or to wait and book it onboard as a charge to your onboard account. I believe there is still some type of option to cancel an excursion (with a refund) sometime prior to the day of the excursion.