Post Cruise transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome Hotel TIME?

yoshi

Post-cruise transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome Hotel-Viking transfer to post-cruise Viking hotel Le Meridien in Rome. We are hoping to schedule a Rome day tour that same day. Has anyone done this transfer and could suggest what time we may be able to schedule a tour pickup. I doubt we can check in too early but would like to drop off luggage and start in on Rome. Unfortunenately we have to leave Rome the next day. :(:*

I would look for a private tour operator to pick you up at the port, then tour you for the day. Your luggage would remain in the car while you tour. You won’t waste any time.

We swear by Rome Cabs. We’ve used them multiple times for transfers and a couple times for touring. Send them an email.

We, as well, would vote for private. You may be able to get someone to meet you at the ship early in the AM (earlier than the Viking transfer) and take you around then bring you to the hotel. We used limo in rome. Very happy. You can see so much more in a lot less time.

Thank you SammieDawg & Stretchcruz-I will check out both of those co's. I'm a little concerned that we have 4 people plus luggage but sounds like this is not uncommon.

Last year in Rome we had booked an afternoon tour of the coliseum underground. A few days before, I was talking to someone that said the Viking transfer does a drive around the city on the way to the hotel. I talked to someone from Viking ( I don’t remember their position) but they arranged a van to take six of us straight to the hotel. Our tour worked out great. I would not trust that it would always work that way. You might want to contact Viking and ask them ahead of your cruise.