Viking cruise to Australia and New Zealand

moatenote

We're interested in the Viking cruise to Australia and New Zealand in 2020 and are wondering which month is the best for this trip. The dates listed by Viking are January 10 and 24; February 7 and 21; and March 6. Cabin prices are the same, regardless of date, but airfare is $400 more in January. We would appreciate any information you may have!

Summer in Australia and New Zealand is December January etc..

So price is higher in January as it is a better weather wise month to travel.

On the other hand, there are a large number of very friendly and super fun folks on the Viking Orion February 7 2020

cruise.. come join us .

Hi, we live in New Zealand and the weather is at its best in February. January can be wet so my advice would be a February booking

The rain doesn't bother me as much as the heat and humidity, so what are the temperatures like in NZ at this time of year?

The rain doesn't bother me as much as the heat and humidity, so what are the temperatures like in NZ at this time of year?

If the cruise includes Australia in February, it will be hot and humid. I live a bit north of Sydney and we will often have 35 degrees celsius (or higher) for many days in February, and humidity along the coastal stretches will be high. If you go further north, humidity in Queensland will be higher again.

If the cruise includes Australia in February, it will be hot and humid. I live a bit north of Sydney and we will often have 35 degrees celsius (or higher) for many days in February, and humidity along the coastal stretches will be high. If you go further north, humidity in Queensland will be higher again.

Thank you! Definitely not my weather. Going to have to re-think my visit. Definitely want to get there but looks like including a cruise may not work.

So glad to hear this. I have a “bushwalk” scheduled outside of Adelaide on March 23 and hoping it won’t be too hot!

Adelaide's heat is a "dry" heat, unlike Sydney or Brisbane.

Late March can still be hot, but stay hydrated and you should be right. Or better still, change the bush walk to a winery tour. ;)

We just booked March 6, 2020 on the Orion (Auckland to Sydney). We were told that March is a good time to go...

Fall...March, April, May in New Zealand is gorgeous. It's one of the best times to plan your New Zealand vacation since the summer crowds have left, the attractions charge off peak rates, and the weather is amazing.

• 3 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, Peregrina651 said:

Thank you! Definitely not my weather. Going to have to re-think my visit. Definitely want to get there but looks like including a cruise may not work.

Hi Peregrinea651,   We are on the Feb 24 Trip in 2020.  Did a lot of talking with you on our Roof of the world China trip this Sept.  Lots of good advise.

Were looking forward to our trip to Australia and New Zealand.  Maybe we will see you aboard.

Mike and Lisa.