SUPER DETAILED review of 7 Nt Greece cruise out of Venice on Splendour of the Seas!

Hailzmick

After dinner, we went thru the centrum and see the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers doing the YMCA. We watched from up top and laughed so hard at one of the dancers. He was great and very entertaining!!!

ImageUploadedByForums1455417456.622639.jpg.37333510928e356acb10251d01d91f08.jpg

All of the dancers were great.

Some very fun dance moves!

ImageUploadedByForums1455417471.788807.jpg.285a270bc996421ae799c0a0e1fa3232.jpg

After a couple more laughs, we headed off to bed!!

The next day was a sea day! After a great sleep in, Mick and I went to the Solarium Cafe and got ourselves some yummy things to bring back to the room. We sat on our beautiful balcony, with the open seas all around us, popped the bottle of bubbles and enjoyed each other's company!

ImageUploadedByForums1455419892.967836.jpg.c9f9206d0b38050e915cc464b58f3c63.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1455419911.191439.jpg.5e2d1581081d3a92c208241c6e7d206f.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1455419924.302937.jpg.9f75c40f40a5e6917e5135ffafbab846.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1455419937.806187.jpg.9956f8b62c186a58197636d1ff4a1579.jpg

The day was spent relaxing, having a few drinks and eating. We also had our Captain's Cocktail Reception at the back of the spa on deck 9. And the weather was PERFECT.

We met a few really nice people and got served some very yummy food and drinks. We felt super lucky to be able to be included in the occasion.

We had our final dinner in the MDR & said our goodbyes to Daniel and Keveendra. We had packed our bags in the early afternoon, but didn't out them out, as we usually carry our own bags off. Jeff and Steph had out their bags out to be collected.

The next morning we had breakfast in the Windjammer at 7.30am, then got off the ship quite late compared to most others. As Mick and I had our bags, we waited out the front for Jeff and Steph to find their bags, before we found a taxi to take the four of us, and our massive amount of luggage to the airport. I can't remember the exact price, but I think it was around €49 for all of us.

This is where stuff gets awkward!!!

When we arrived at the airport, we were deciding what to do first as we were super early for our flight... Try and check in, or see if we could get a table in the eating area as we weren't flying for a few good hours.

As we were standing there, mick's phone, my phone and Jeff's phone all started going crazy with Facebook notifications. I didn't think anything of it.

Steph and Jeff decided to see what time their airline's check in was available. As they walked off and we looked after their luggage, Mick had on a super angry face. Oh god, what now?!?!?!

Mick had realised that you had to have you phone connected to the internet at some stage before, for it to reconnect the next time you are there. So, Jeff had lied to us at the start about not having any internet to contact us. It may not seem like a big deal, and I have to admit, I was like, "Come on Hun, don't worry about it!" But too late, Mick was uber ****ty about it, making the next three hours of waiting- very interesting. Mick dislikes lies... More than anything else on earth!!!

Finally it was time for Steph and Jeff to check in. We said we would see them in there because we were checking in only 30 minutes after them, but we ended up not seeing them again. They ended up having so many delays that we left a few hours before they did. We made it back to Melbourne a full day before they got back to LA.

Our experience on Splendour of the Seas was mostly awesome.

So much so, that in January, six of us, (all girls) booked on her sister ship, Legend of the Seas.

It was amazing and we had the best food at sea I've ever had!!! (Will eventually do a small review on that one too!

Mick & I are booked to go on Voyager of the Seas March 25th this year and then Legend again April 11th. (Finally we will be diamond!!!)

Thanks for taking the time to check out my review. I've had a super fun time reliving my fun through my extensive notes and pics. :-)

Any questions, please ask!!!

I really enjoyed reading your review and living your cruise through you. Your experiences were enough different from my Eastern Med cruise that I got to see something entirely new.

It also reminded me of two acquaintances who were best friends before their cruise. Not so much after. "Betty" wanted to make all the decisions and resented "Veronica" and her DH wanting something different. They never got back on the same footing again.