Voyager Class Hump Cabins

ReneeFLL

I'm looking at a cruise on Adventure OTS and the cabins I like are already booked so I'm now looking at cabin 8622. The balcony looks like it's only a tiny bit bigger than other hump cabins. Is it very much bigger or are the deck plans fairly accurate?

I'm looking at a cruise on Adventure OTS and the cabins I like are already booked so I'm now looking at cabin 8622. The balcony looks like it's only a tiny bit bigger than other hump cabins. Is it very much bigger or are the deck plans fairly accurate?

In the case of Voyager and Freedom class ships, the deck plans are not accurate with regard to hump balcony size.

The balcony size is the same for all side-facing staterooms in the same category.

Voyager and Freedom class ships have NO size advantage to the "hump" cabins. It's the convenience factor that is the draw. The elevators and stairs are mere steps away....and they are in a foyer, so there is no noise issue. Lucky you to grab such a cabin!

Thanks for the info on the hump cabins. We like the balconies, but the disadvantage for us is the elevators. The humps are my second choice if we can't get an aft. Trust me, I can use the walk from the back of the ship. :D

The big advantage of a hump cabin is that they are opposite the elevators.

That's also the massive disadvantage. I was in a balcony cabin on deck 7 at the hump, and there was a constant stream of kids running up and down the hallways and calling out, even at midnight.

Don't get a cabin in the middle of the ship unless it's completely out of school holidays. Get a cabin at either end where hopefully there's less traffic coming past.