Diamond Lounge or Concierge Lounge on Radiance of the Sea

This is the first time I have sailed Radiance of the Seas and the first time sailing as a Diamond. A few questions that I hope someone can help with.

I am Diamond and staying in an Owners Suite and cannot find Information on the embarkation benefits (other than priority boarding) for Suite or Diamond Guests.

1. Is the Diamond Lounge or Concierge Lounge open as an option for post boarding relaxation? Or are decks and bars the only option?

2. Where are the longes located? RCL online deck plans are difficult to read and can’t find.

3. Are there any lunch options upon boarding other than Windjammer?

We usually sail Celebrity and enjoy going to Michaels Club upon loading and then having lunch in Luminea.

Appreciate insight,Thank you.

Lounges are on deck 13, try the Park Cafe in the solarium for lunch on boarding. The Diamond lounge has at least been open around 3pm in my experience - not sure if they open earlier.

The Radiance is a beautiful ship, have a great cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks...found them on the deck plans. The Concierge Lounge and Diamond Lounge are right near each other. Appreciate the lunch recommendation. Will wait to see if anyone knows if the Concierge Lounge opens earlier. I may have to call RCL. Thanks.

The lounges open with your SeaPass card. Since you are Diamond in a Suite, your gold card will open both doors.

The two lounges are on Deck 13, right at the elevator lobby. They are accessible, by ascending in the elevator, as soon as you are on board.

There won't be anything in there, but you can just sit and relax and wait for cabins to be available around 1.

I have always preferred the DL on Radiance over the CL....The DL concierge usually opens up those sliding doors that leads into the Vortex lounge and ropes off a portion of it...much quieter there and great views..our favorite spot to sit. Also of our 4 trips to Alaska on Radiance we've always liked the DL concierge and staff a bit better JMHO...maybe not other's.

I have always preferred the DL on Radiance over the CL....The DL concierge usually opens up those sliding doors that leads into the Vortex lounge and ropes off a portion of it...much quieter there and great views..our favorite spot to sit. Also of our 4 trips to Alaska on Radiance we've always liked the DL concierge and staff a bit better JMHO...maybe not other's.

The reports coming from Radiance class ships - and these have been specific to this class - is that the DL is no longer opening up an overflow area. They are telling passengers that this is coming from Miami. Orders from Headquarters.

The reports coming from Radiance class ships - and these have been specific to this class - is that the DL is no longer opening up an overflow area. They are telling passengers that this is coming from Miami. Orders from Headquarters.

Well now that is sad news! Where else are they going to put overflow? This was a great option since usually the Vortex Lounge was basically empty....and it was great to be able to sit there when we had the little ones with us.

The lounges open with your SeaPass card. Since you are Diamond in a Suite, your gold card will open both doors.

The two lounges are on Deck 13, right at the elevator lobby. They are accessible, by ascending in the elevator, as soon as you are on board.

There won't be anything in there, but you can just sit and relax and wait for cabins to be available around 1.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know if these lounges are open on embarkation day and if so, what Time?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you mean "open with drinks and/or food", the answer is that "happy hours" begin one hour before first seating (traditional dining) time and end at the time of second seating.

In other words, either 4:30 - 8 or 5 - 8:30.

Unlike Celebrity, this happens every night of your cruise.

This no expansion on Radiance class ships goes back at least a couple of years.

I have not personally encountered the "no" situation, and have been on Radiance class ships every year for the past several years.

The reports have been VERY recent, like in the past month.

The were still using the overflow area on Radiance September 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not personally encountered the "no" situation, and have been on Radiance class ships every year for the past several years.

The reports have been VERY recent, like in the past month.

We got the no expansion line back in 2014 on Radiance. (I had to look it up when we were D's)

But since we turned D+ spent most of our time in the CL, so my memory is somewhat sketchy. I do remember one time being told no expansion. It sucks, that they would take away something so easy to implement.

Last September on Navigator (Azores), D's and above took over the entire VCL. They did an excellent job.

• 2 months later...

Is the dress in the DL on Radiance in Alaska slightly more casual since I have read the overall dress is more casual in Alaska in general?

Based on how the dress code has loosened on my most recent Caribbean cruise, I assume nice jeans and a nice looking shirt would be OK? I usually wear khakis in the Caribbean but wasn't planning to bring any pants nicer than jeans to Alaska since we're doing a 10-day pre-tour and trying to pack as light as possible (we also don't eat dinner in the MDR anymore but there's a whole other thread for that :) ).