Allure of the Seas with 2 Year Old

flhokie

We just returned from a week on Allure of the Seas with DD (2 years, 4 months). It was an awesome trip & I will post more details once we are all settled. A few things b/c of topics that I've seen on here...

1. Embarkation with a stroller was fine. We had to fold it for the x-ray, but were fine with using the Platinum line for check-in.

2. The loaner bag of toys was great! DD loved playing with them in the room. We kept the same bag for the week even though you can exchange them if you want. Our bag had a fishing boat set, construction set and cars (all Fisher Price).

3. The shipboard phone we received when registering DD was helpful throughout the week.

4. The Nursery was great. We used it once (our dinner at Chops), but DD wanted to go back. They fed her dinner.

5. She loved the Boardwalk---rode the carousel 30+ times.

6. She loved the shows we went to. We took her to OceanAria, Blue Planet, Ice Games and Madegascar Aqua Show.

7. The sofa bed took so much space (balcony cabin) that we did not have our attendant make it up after the 1st night. DD prefers the floor to her bed at home so she would sleep in a little bed on the floor made of comforters & sheets from the sofa bed.

8. DD loved the splash zone. We worked hard to potty train before our trip so she could enjoy it. She swims weekly with my parents so not being able to swim would have mad for a miserable week. The staff did seem to question every parent with children under 3 in the regular splash zone (easy to tell as kids under 3 don't get wristbands). They checked to make sure they were potty trained/not wearing swim diapers. It was usually the same staff & were good at remembering the people they'd already talked too.

We had family & friends with us which really helped, especially at dinner. Dinner in the dining room was a bit challenging, but our wait staff was great.

I'll write a more formal review once we get settled, but feel free to ask any questions.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I know this post is old, but I can’t find any information elsewhere.

My son will be 2 years and 9 months when we sail on the Allure. I noticed the nursery groups are infants until 18 months and then ages 3-5 and up. What about children that are in between 18 months and 3 years? Is there a group for them?

Thanks

Since this thread was revived anyway, anyone have insight on the loaner bag of toys OP mentioned? Bringing a 3 yr old and 9 mo old on Allure soon. Hadn't read anything about that in official material on RCI website.

Hi, we just got off Allure last week. I borrowed 2 bags of toys during the week (one at a time) for my 6 month old and 2.5 year old to play with in the room. You sign them out in the nursery. They have a book to look through and a staff member checks the bag before giving it to you to make sure the contents match the tag on the bag. They do the same thing when you return it to make sure nothing is missing. I can't remember exactly what was in each bag but I do recall a boat, some blocks, shapes, an alligator, and some little people. My kids enjoyed them and it gave them something to do while we were getting ready. I put either a towel or the bathrobes down on the floor in the room and let them sit there and play. One thing I wanted to mention is when you go to the nursery area there is a sign on the door that says one person at the desk at a time. I missed the sign and walked in while another mom was checking in. I was asked to step out. Not a huge deal but I was embarrassed I didn't see the sign. The staff in there seemed very nice and even though I didn't leave my kids there I felt like if I did they would have had fun. Hope this helps. I may do a little mini review in a day or two about my experience cruising with kids.

• 1 month later...
Hi

Few questions looking to do a cruise with 3.5yr and 8month old, did you guys all stay in one room?

Did you have to pay to loan the toys?

Thanks

I'll cover from my experience last month on Allure with my 3 yr old and 9 mo old. We got two adjoining interior staterooms (the arrangements were all made by my father in law, as a larger family trip, so it wasn't exactly on my dime). The extra space was great, but you could fit (albeit a bit snuggly)in one stateroom. There was a pack-n-play waiting for us in our stateroom when we got there, but I don't know if that was just our steward taking some extra initiative. You may have to ask, but they are available.

As for the toys, we ended up not taking advantage of them with so much to do around the ship, but it is my understanding there is no cost involved as long as the full set is returned.

Speaking of the abundance of activities onboard, there was a lot of kid friendly stuff, and more often than not we found ourselves having to choose what to do, and almost no time where we struggled to find something to do.

• 2 months later...

I went on the Allure last year when my son was around 9 months old. In addition to the things other mentioned, I will also add that there is a great playroom in the kids' area that is open for supervised play. It has lots of soft foam play structures, a small slide, etc. It's a great place to bring little ones if they need a place to run around and play.

Can anyone here who was recently on the Allure confirm that the Royal Babies and Tots nursery accepts 6-12mo children for daycare drop-off? Looking to book a cruise on this ship in a few months and was given conflicting information by two different RCCL reps (one said daycare is only for 1year+ and only the Royal Babies and Tots parent-supervised playgroups are 6-36mos, the other said 6-36mos for daycare and playgroups).

I know for sure the nursery used to accept 6mos+ for drop-off daycare, so I want to make sure the policy didn’t just recently change.