Front facing rooms on freedom

Has anybody booked the front facing rooms on Freedom? I'm talking about room 9202 and 7202 for example. My concern is with them being at the extreme end of the ship and relatively high up there will be more motion. I'm not prone to sea sickness but i do get it occasionally.

Also I know many people like the aft balcony rooms and I was wondering if there and similar feelings about the front facing rooms

I have had a front facing cabin on another cruise line and really liked it. It was a good distance from most things onboard but not too bad (I actually booked the same cabin for a future cruise). I did not feel the motion any more than other locations where I have been on ships (I usually don't get seasick, either but always take meds with me just in case). There was some noise when docking. I also had to keep the curtains drawn at night. In truth, you couldn't really see anything at night facing forward anyway.

We had a bow facing cabin on Explorer and loved it. It gives a very unique and special view, one that, obviously, only those passengers in front get. We overlooked the helipad. Deck 9, no noise in the hallway as only people with cabins in that area go past, and no noise from the anchor (which is what you sometimes read about). How can there be noise from the anchor 9 decks up? :confused:

We were a little green only the first night, then fine after that. We book balcony cabins now, but we did enjoy this ocean view room.

My son and I had a front facing cabin on Exploer of the Seas. We did a last minute gaurantee and were worried when we got our cabin assignment. We were in 7206 and albolutely loved it. I am a Balcony cruiser but would take a front forward cabin again.

I stayed in 7214 and absolutely LOVED it. I would book that room again in a heartbeat.

We had smokers in 7216 but it never bothered us because the wind would blow the smoke away from us.

My daughter has motion sickness. Historically we've always booked mid to aft cabins for this reason. But this was the first (and only) time the upgrade/upsell fairy visited us and we could not resist. my daughter did not have any issues.

I stayed in 7214 and absolutely LOVED it. I would book that room again in a heartbeat.

We had smokers in 7216 but it never bothered us because the wind would blow the smoke away from us.

Really? I thought smoking was prohibited, even on balconies, except for one area of an upper deck. I recall being on one cruise and smelling cigarette smoke on the balcony. I mentioned it to our cabin steward who assured us that it had already been noted and was taken care of, and we never smelled it again.

Really? I thought smoking was prohibited, even on balconies, except for one area of an upper deck. I recall being on one cruise and smelling cigarette smoke on the balcony. I mentioned it to our cabin steward who assured us that it had already been noted and was taken care of, and we never smelled it again.

I sailed Freedom in 2011.

Yes, we had a forward facing cabin on the Freedom. I think deck seven. We loved it. It was an irregular shape and we had lots of space. It was fun to watch the ship enter port early each morning. We saw what the crew on the bridge saw.

We sailed Freedom 8500 and loved it! It was abut of a hike to drop the kids off and pick them up from Adventure ocean or to go eat but if you know that going in you are mentally prepared to walk a lot. It was very quiet. Room service took long every time but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the room being in he front of the ship.

We were in 8200 once. We loved the view from the front; however, I must say this was the only cruise that all of our kids got sick. It was the first day at sea, maybe it was extra rough, but within an hour of waking they were all throwing up. DH and I were fine.

• 2 years later...

We just stayed on Adventure of the seas in room 9202

Wonderful room, very spacious, extremely quiet. We were on the ship for 12 days and did not notice any difference in motion.

Great room would definitely book this room again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter has motion sickness. Historically we've always booked mid to aft cabins for this reason. But this was the first (and only) time the upgrade/upsell fairy visited us and we could not resist. my daughter did not have any issues.

You weren't in a forward (front) facing cabin. The forward facing cabins are OV only.

It is now. The policy went in affect January 2014.

Edited by davekathy